Roses Are Red (And White, And Peachy, and Yellow…)

This time of year, when the roses in the garden return for their first flush is always a joy, both the full blooms and the tiny buds (which are often a totally different colour).

My name is Geoff Le Pard. Once I was a lawyer; now I am a writer. I've published several books: a four book series following Harry Spittle as he grows from hapless student to hapless partner in a London law firm; four others in different genres; a book of poetry; four anthologies of short fiction; and a memoir of my mother. I have several more in the pipeline. I have been blogging regularly since 2014, on topic as diverse as: poetry based on famous poems; memories from my life; my garden; my dog; a whole variety of short fiction; my attempts at baking and food; travel and the consequent disasters; theatre, film and book reviews; and the occasional thought piece. Mostly it is whatever takes my fancy. I avoid politics, mostly, and religion, always. I don't mean to upset anyone but if I do, well, sorry and I suggest you go elsewhere. These are my thoughts and no one else is to blame. If you want to nab anything I post, please acknowledge where it came from.
This entry was posted in gardening and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to Roses Are Red (And White, And Peachy, and Yellow…)

1. joylennick says:

Quite beautiful. My dear Dad would have been in his glory…(an old saying!) x

And gorgeous!

3. noelleg44 says:

A rose garden after my husband’s heart. He loves roses but all we’ve been able to cultivate here in the relentless sun are knock-outs. The pink-spattered roses are incredible.

4. It is proving to be a fantastic year for roses so far. Let’s hope it continues so!

5. Elizabeth says:

Since I can’t keep them alive to save my life, I will relish yours instead. Thanks.

6. Erika says:

Wow, what beauties. I love roses and have quite a few bushes in my garden too. It truly is the queen of flowers. When their buds open up it is as if everything around them gets still. Or maybe it is just me… lol

No you’re right, very calming plants. We’ve been beaten by thunderstorms today between hit sun which is a great excuse to cut the blooms and bring indoors rather than let then smush together…

• Erika says:

I am glad you could save them from devestation. My roses have to stay outside but so far they made it through every storm… fingers crossed.

I’m intrigued. All ours are planted out but we cut them and bring them in. Is that not an option?

• Erika says:

Oh, I see what you mean. I thought yours are not planted. It would be an option, of course, but I usually let them outside, mostly because I am barely at home when a bad weather front arrives quickly or I don’t think of it when occupied with work for my company😄

Wonderful everything is coming up roses 💜

8. V.M.Sang says: