May Garden: a bit of colour #garden #May2022

The first half of May has been dry and happily, today the rain has come. It perks everything up.

That said, a lot grows at this time of year and some colour is bursting out…

And Dog is out and about too.

My name is Geoff Le Pard. Once I was a lawyer; now I am a writer. I've published several books: a four book series following Harry Spittle as he grows from hapless student to hapless partner in a London law firm; four others in different genres; a book of poetry; four anthologies of short fiction; and a memoir of my mother. I have several more in the pipeline. I have been blogging regularly since 2014, on topic as diverse as: poetry based on famous poems; memories from my life; my garden; my dog; a whole variety of short fiction; my attempts at baking and food; travel and the consequent disasters; theatre, film and book reviews; and the occasional thought piece. Mostly it is whatever takes my fancy. I avoid politics, mostly, and religion, always. I don't mean to upset anyone but if I do, well, sorry and I suggest you go elsewhere. These are my thoughts and no one else is to blame. If you want to nab anything I post, please acknowledge where it came from.
This entry was posted in dog, gardening and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

35 Responses to May Garden: a bit of colour #garden #May2022

1. JT Twissel says:

Nothing like an English garden. I agree – rain always perks things up.

2. Your garden looks terrific, Geoff.

3. Good to see the security guard is keeping things in order!

4. Your garden is lovely!

5. Eye-candy! Oh, and your garden too!! 😉

6. So grateful for the rain, though it wrecked our local Jumble Stroll. After some garden improvements by my son, I now have six water butts, an overflow tank and a pipe leading into a watering can from the top of the ‘state of the art’ bin store. It’s only a small garden, but I get carried away with pots and tubs. Do your neighbours have lovely gardens as well or do they look enviously over your fence?

7. Wow…like living in a park!

8. Chel Owens says:

Do you ever have to irrigate?

I can’t tell you how many people I brag to about your garden. 😉

9. Stunning and glorious, Geoff…

10. trifflepudling says:

Did Dog say he had missed you 💕? 🙂

11. V.M.Sang says:

How come your hostas are so beautiful? I’ve tried growing them, both in and out of pots, and as soon as they start to appear, the slugs and snails say ‘Ah! Salad!’ and they’re gone!
    Beautiful flowers too. Your azalea is lovely. Ours have excelled themselves this year, too.

Some take a battering and usually by the summer they’re shredded but we get a few weeks. I think the more mature the more robust. We have used a slug contraceptive in the past plus egg shells, gravel and copper banding but chemicals are they only thing that works. We’re beyond that now. Every creature has its place in the food chain… though I’m not averse to doing a sweep of the pots and tossing the snails next door!

12. noelleg44 says:

Lovely, Geoff, a treat for the eyes.

13. Jennie says:

I need to use different words, I keep repeating ‘wow’ and ‘gorgeous’.