Clipped Heels

I mentioned a while ago that I’m due to have a procedure called a cardioversion to correct my fluttering heart. Well, this is the week.

Yesterday I had to attend a preassessment clinic which involved a PCR and a fair bit of blood. I thought they’d take my blood pressure but nope, not this time. I avoided yet another ECG when a kindly nurse took my pulse and confirmed I was still fluttering. So far so good…

It’s the hiatus between me leaving the clinic and Thursday at 11. I have to self isolate, keep off any form of transport, ignore one and all and generally stay put.

Even during the first lockdown I did all I could within the rules to move around. This time it seems… unnecessary. Assuming the PCR is clear I’m not going to contract covid and be infectious before Thursday so why the prison sentence?

Ok so I’m being childish and them’s the rules and I will abide by them. But it does rather grind my gears….

The Textiliste has just pointed out that nowhere does it say I can’t vacuum or dust…

My point precisely…

I need to be more Dog…

My name is Geoff Le Pard. Once I was a lawyer; now I am a writer. I've published several books: a four book series following Harry Spittle as he grows from hapless student to hapless partner in a London law firm; four others in different genres; a book of poetry; four anthologies of short fiction; and a memoir of my mother. I have several more in the pipeline. I have been blogging regularly since 2014, on topic as diverse as: poetry based on famous poems; memories from my life; my garden; my dog; a whole variety of short fiction; my attempts at baking and food; travel and the consequent disasters; theatre, film and book reviews; and the occasional thought piece. Mostly it is whatever takes my fancy. I avoid politics, mostly, and religion, always. I don't mean to upset anyone but if I do, well, sorry and I suggest you go elsewhere. These are my thoughts and no one else is to blame. If you want to nab anything I post, please acknowledge where it came from.
This entry was posted in dog, Health, thought piece and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

69 Responses to Clipped Heels

1. Well, the photo of you, in your birthday suit, laying on the brick might fetch enough cash to hire someone to do the housework… just sayin’

2. joylennick says:

Annette has an idea, Geoff…Whether it appeals to the vain part of you or not, remains to be seen; also how you ‘buff up’ at your age. You can INSIST ON a bathing suit… Seriously, I do wish you well and hope the procedure goes to plan. Cheers.

3. Yvonne says:

Another one who says I hope it all goes well, with the desired outcome.

Dog, you are a sexy beast. ❤

4. I do wish you well

I hope it goes well, Geoff. Thinking of you and sending well wishes.

6. Pam Lazos says:

With high hopes that all will be well, Geoff. I have heard that vacuuming and dusting are just as good as repeating the word “Om” while sitting on a zafu meditation cushion. Your fluttering heart may want to give that at a try. 💜😂

Good luck with it, His Geoffleship!

8. Best wishes to you, Geoff!

9. noelleg44 says:

You nailed it – be more like Dog. Lie on the paving stones in the sun – birthday suit or no (is your back yard well enclosed? Wouldn’t want to shock the neighbors…) and get some vitamin D. Fingers crossed all goes well.

10. Hope all goes well Geoff and the op is a success.

11. The dog has the right idea, Geoff. I hope all goes well. No vacuuming or dusting as you recuperate. Just sunbathing in the garden. 😀

12. Darlene says:

I will join everyone else in wishing you a successful and painless procedure. I foresee some quality time relaxing in that gorgeous garden as you recuperate. With Dog of course.

13. JT Twissel says:

At least you have a beautiful spot to do crossword puzzles. Sending best wishes!

14. Erika says:

We would rarely grant ourselves some “dog days” just so… so, if there is a reason take it and enjoy. But I hope you are ok regarding your fluttering heart.

Good luck tomorrow Geoff , see you on the other side … remember all will be well 💜💜💜

16. Adding my good wishes for tomorrow. Hope it all goes well.

17. Best wishes on the procedure, Geoff.

18. Best wishes for a perfect and lasting outcome Geoff.

19. Gloria says:

Do as your told Geoff! Happy vacuuming. 😅
    And the best of luck with the procedure. I hope all goes well for you!

20. petespringerauthor says:

Now we need a shot of you sunbathing with Dog. Best of luck, Geoff!

21. ajaypadala says:

22. V.M.Sang says:

Good luck with your procedure, Geoff. I had a procedure to correct arrhythmia a few years ago. Not pleasant, but it worked brilliantly.
    I hope yours is as successful.

23. trifflepudling says:

Hope the ticker will emerge tickety-boo!
    Having been in London yesterday, you’d think Covid had never happened so I can sort of understand the isolation request … but the timing does seem odd.
    Take care.

24. One of the advantages of being a writer, I guess, Geoff. That’s a very constructive way to keep yourself occupied. We’ve had to endure this self-same thing four times since Covid, so we both know your pain. Hope it all goes well

25. Jennie says:

I hope all goes well, Geoff.

26. Its probably wise to avoid infections, Geoff. Even a cold would be unpleasant following surgery.