Marching On #marchgarden #2022

And so it ended. A cold end after a mild week, so we had a bit of everything. April has started promisingly but let’s not get ahead.

We had signs of flowers and shrubs both continuing and peeping through…

the tree blossom grows

and the lawn looks good

as does the pond.

And dog?

And even her foxship is playing with him…!

My name is Geoff Le Pard. Once I was a lawyer; now I am a writer. I've published several books: a four book series following Harry Spittle as he grows from hapless student to hapless partner in a London law firm; four others in different genres; a book of poetry; four anthologies of short fiction; and a memoir of my mother. I have several more in the pipeline. I have been blogging regularly since 2014, on topic as diverse as: poetry based on famous poems; memories from my life; my garden; my dog; a whole variety of short fiction; my attempts at baking and food; travel and the consequent disasters; theatre, film and book reviews; and the occasional thought piece. Mostly it is whatever takes my fancy. I avoid politics, mostly, and religion, always. I don't mean to upset anyone but if I do, well, sorry and I suggest you go elsewhere. These are my thoughts and no one else is to blame. If you want to nab anything I post, please acknowledge where it came from.
This entry was posted in dog, gardening and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

32 Responses to Marching On #marchgarden #2022

1. joylennick says:

What a stunning garden you have, Geoff, Wow x

2. Such a delightful setting in which to be a tour guide (you) and a joy guide (Dog).

3. What is the name of the fox?

4. noelleg44 says:

Loved that last picture of the peeking fox! You have another pet. I hope you are spending as much time as possible in that garden! I’d be living out there!

5. A beautiful garden, Geoff. I loved that last photo.

6. Erika says:

It is a paradise that you created. Some of those flowers are growing in my garden too. Although they are a bit struggling with the snow that is coming down today.

7. trifflepudling says:

Looking really lovely ☺️
    Bit warmer here today
    Love picture of Lady Foxina peeking in 🦊

8. Darlene says:

The garden looks amazing. Too bad you don’t have another wedding planned. Our dogs would have chased that fox out of their yard in short order.

9. Yvonne says:

How old is Signor Dog now? He looks so calm and in control of things.

10. V.M.Sang says:

It looks lovely, Geoff.
    And you have fritillaries. I love them. Tried to grow some, but they only lasted the first year, then died.

11. V.M.Sang says:

Thanks, Geoff, but I’ve been trying again with them, I’ll let you know if I decide I’d like some seeds.

12. Elizabeth says:

I hope that in a month our yard may show some of the same new life. Right now it is hard to remember that trees have leaves.

Our garden unfolds in its own sequence, year on year which I find delightful. The last to show is the beech hedge, still very dry and brown. When that goes green I know we’re really underway…

13. Rowena says:

So beautiful, Geoff. It must be wonderful watching your garden come back to life each Spring. I only really dabble in gardening, but have experienced that excitement in the past when seeds have opened and ultimately flowered. It’s perhaps one of life’s wonders I should embrace again more fully.
    Speaking of gardens with you, reminds me that last night I came across in Toronto, Canada: The Music Garden: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10MkSMs0XiQ
    Hope the link works okay. I am quite intrigued.
    Best wishes,