The January Garden 2022

It’s green.

Mostly.

A few flowers. Hellebores, quince, evergreen clematis, snowdrops.

The mild temperatures helped the grass grow so we cut it twice.

We did have some overnight frosts, though.

We rather vigorously pruned the apple to remove the bough that was pulling it over.

It rained once, on the 8th, according to my journal with the occasional spit and spot thereafter. It’ll be a winter drought soon. Despite that worry some daffs, peonies and poppies are pushing through…

And I love the delicate witch-hazel

And Dog retains his bounce and poise, natch…

My name is Geoff Le Pard. Once I was a lawyer; now I am a writer. I've published several books: a four book series following Harry Spittle as he grows from hapless student to hapless partner in a London law firm; four others in different genres; a book of poetry; four anthologies of short fiction; and a memoir of my mother. I have several more in the pipeline. I have been blogging regularly since 2014, on topic as diverse as: poetry based on famous poems; memories from my life; my garden; my dog; a whole variety of short fiction; my attempts at baking and food; travel and the consequent disasters; theatre, film and book reviews; and the occasional thought piece. Mostly it is whatever takes my fancy. I avoid politics, mostly, and religion, always. I don't mean to upset anyone but if I do, well, sorry and I suggest you go elsewhere. These are my thoughts and no one else is to blame. If you want to nab anything I post, please acknowledge where it came from.
This entry was posted in dog, gardening and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to The January Garden 2022

Beautiful garden, Ruby says Hi Mylo 💜💜💜

2. KL Caley says:

Marvellous photos, Geoff. Beautiful garden. KL ❤️

3. Dog certainly knows all the swank. lush places to hang out! I’m inclined to believe he is your most ardent fan!!

4. Jennie says:

Seeing green is just what the doctor ordered after a weekend of chipping away ice in frigid temps. Thank you for the photos. Your lovely garden is a feast for winter weary eyes.

5. Grass cutting this early and so many things seem weeks ahead of their normal growth. Must be Brexit to blame!

6. Debbie says:

Just beautiful Geoff, things are definitely starting to pop through the ground and wake up over there!

7. Your garden is still looking lovely and green, Geoff. You are going to have a winter drought because all your rain is falling here in South Africa. I’ve never known such a wet summer.

8. trifflepudling says:

Marvellous looming Giant shadow in that dog photo!
    Looking forward to seeing what the garden will show us this year.

9. You are ahead of us with snowdrops, Geoff. Good luck with the apple

10. noelleg44 says:

Snowdrops – how lovely! And Dog certainly knows how to use the garden to his bet advantage in pictures!

11. I particularly like Dog’s expression in picture 4. He’s looking sceptical about something.