Food, Not So Glorious..

I really enjoy cooking and baking though sometimes it doesn’t like me.

Yesterday I tried an apple cardamom and pinenut traybake.

This….

Became this. A nice taste but too much apple for it to hold together.

Today for dinner the plan was a bacon chestnut and Brussel sprouts flan with a potato parsnip and bacon/chorizo side.

The pastry came together OK and looked fine pre cooking…

But it leaked and so the flan became a flaaaaan.

The veg look okay and I’ll taste fine.

Just a shame that I’ll be voted out of the tent when Mrs LeP gets home.

My name is Geoff Le Pard. Once I was a lawyer; now I am a writer. I've published several books: a four book series following Harry Spittle as he grows from hapless student to hapless partner in a London law firm; four others in different genres; a book of poetry; four anthologies of short fiction; and a memoir of my mother. I have several more in the pipeline. I have been blogging regularly since 2014, on topic as diverse as: poetry based on famous poems; memories from my life; my garden; my dog; a whole variety of short fiction; my attempts at baking and food; travel and the consequent disasters; theatre, film and book reviews; and the occasional thought piece. Mostly it is whatever takes my fancy. I avoid politics, mostly, and religion, always. I don't mean to upset anyone but if I do, well, sorry and I suggest you go elsewhere. These are my thoughts and no one else is to blame. If you want to nab anything I post, please acknowledge where it came from.
This entry was posted in cooking, food, miscellany and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

40 Responses to Food, Not So Glorious..

1. !00% for ambition and effort

2. Hey, you will become famous in cooking too. This all looks very nice. Thanks for sharing, and have a nice day! xx Michael

3. Good for you, and as longs as things taste OK, what’s the problem? I had a variety of disasters which when covered with custard became Di Surprise desserts!

4. Love the combinations of foods and flavors… Whipped cream for the first effort and ketchup for the second and no one will be the wiser!

I’d keep you in my tent, Geoff. They look great and sound delicious to me.

6. joylennick says:

Good try you! Yes, we all know that “We eat with our eyes and taste buds.,” but as long as it does TASTE GOOD, the looks should be secondary. I met many a promising, handsome lad, when young who was boring, and some ‘craggy’ types who were very tasty! Tee hee. xx …

7. I see a party ahead for Dog!

Looks lovely!

9. Darlene says:

All looks good to me. A disaster is when it tastes bad!

10. Ruth says:

Having previously sampled your wonderful baking at a Bloggers Bash, Geoff, I’m sure I can safely say you definitely won’t be getting voted out of the tent! 🙂

11. Erika says:

In the end, what matters is the taste. How much luxury do we need 😂

12. JT Twissel says:

Maybe if you put a little sour cream on top and sprinkle it with pomegranate seeds? I once attempted to make a shredded carrot omelet so I’m not one to talk!

Also I think you need to wash the pots and clean the worktops too?
    You can’t make a flan without cracking eggs 💜

14. Anyone that attempts to cook for me is a winner from the start. Taste matters more than anything. It’s a real mess when it hits bottom anyway.

15. noelleg44 says:

You are as creative with your cooking, Geoff, as you are with your writing. I just like all the veggies and fruit!

16. Jennie says:

I think it looks wonderful.

17. It’s up to time Ur dish looking great

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )