The Art Of Spirit Capture #launchday

Yes, it’s officially out today. You can buy it here. And on Amazon.com, here

The blurb says this:

Jason Hales is at his lowest ebb: his brother is in a coma; his long-term partner has left him; he’s been sacked; and Christmas is round the corner to remind him how bad his life has become.

After receiving an unexpected call telling him he’s a beneficiary of his Great Aunt Heather’s estate, he visits the town he vaguely recalls from his childhood, where his great aunt lived. Wanting to find out more, he’s soon sucked into local politics revolving around his great uncle’s extraordinary glass ornaments, his ‘Captures’, and their future.

While trying to piece his life back together, he’ll have to confront a number of questions: What actually are these Captures and what is the mystery of the old wartime huts where his uncle fashioned them? Why is his surly neighbour so antagonistic? Can he trust anyone, especially the local doctor Owen Marsh and Charlotte Taylor, once a childhood adversary, but now the lawyer dealing with the estate? His worries pile up, with his ex in trouble, his flat rendered uninhabitable and his brother’s condition worsening. Will Christmas bring him any joy?

Set in the Sussex countryside, this is a modern novel with mystery, romance and magic at its core, as well as a smattering of hope, redemption and good cooking.

Early reviewers have indicated they may be prepared/inclined to say

How much? My accountant

The cover’s lovely My designer

Dinner? Dog

This is clearly amongst the best, if not the best piece of literature that has appeared in millennia My Ego

I hope to persuade a few kindly souls to showcase a few aspects of how the novel came about and the ways in which I created the characters, settings etc. If you’d like to take part in that exclusive opportunity to have me drag my muddy thoughts across you blog, just drop a comment, click on contact or generally holler in my direction.

Thank you for reading.

My name is Geoff Le Pard. Once I was a lawyer; now I am a writer. I've published several books: a four book series following Harry Spittle as he grows from hapless student to hapless partner in a London law firm; four others in different genres; a book of poetry; four anthologies of short fiction; and a memoir of my mother. I have several more in the pipeline. I have been blogging regularly since 2014, on topic as diverse as: poetry based on famous poems; memories from my life; my garden; my dog; a whole variety of short fiction; my attempts at baking and food; travel and the consequent disasters; theatre, film and book reviews; and the occasional thought piece. Mostly it is whatever takes my fancy. I avoid politics, mostly, and religion, always. I don't mean to upset anyone but if I do, well, sorry and I suggest you go elsewhere. These are my thoughts and no one else is to blame. If you want to nab anything I post, please acknowledge where it came from.
This entry was posted in book launch and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

46 Responses to The Art Of Spirit Capture #launchday

1. Sadje says:

Congratulations Geoff.

Thank you. BTW I tried to comment on a recent post of yours about the hills behind Islamabad but WP defeated me. They look amazing and when England eventually do the right thing and play cricket there I will be able to judge for myself (I have this plan to watch cricket in every major nation in my retirement though covid has scuppered that for now)!

2. Celebrating your every success

3. Congratulations from me, too

4. Sounds good Geoff.

5. Marvellous early reviews. Congratulations!

It’s so exciting, can’t wait to read this one 💜 Congratulations ☺️

7. Darlene says:

Sounds great! All the best with this one. xo

8. noelleg44 says:

CONGRATS! Dog must be very impressed!

9. Congratulations, Geoff. You forgot to add the rector’s comment. ” Oh, My God.”

10. JT Twissel says:

Congratulations! Sounds like a different kind of genre for you.

11. Erika says:

Wow, congratulations on the new book, Geoff! Of course, I shared the news!!

12. petespringerauthor says:

Way to go, Geoff! Much luck with your latest book!

13. V.M.Sang says:

Congratulations, Geoff. This sounds terrific.
    I’d be willing to let you drag your muddy feet through my blog. The carpet needs cleaning, anyway!😄 Just drop me a line and tell me what you want. vivienne.sang@gmail.com

14. Congratulations! 🥳🥳🥳

15. Congratulations, Geoff! Thank you also for the information! xx Michael

16. Congratulations, Geoff. You only put the UK Amazon link! What about us poor people who have to buy from Amazon US? [smile]

17. I feel very sorry for poor Jason. It sounds like his whole world is caving in around him.

Many congratulations on the launch of your new book, Geoff.

18. Suzanne says:

Dog’s asleep because he already knows you’re a successful writer. You must be chuffed with your new book being published, well done, Geoff.

19. Congratulations, Geoff. I’m thrilled for you. I’ve just ordered on Kindle to have while my daughter and I are traveling. It looks very interesting.

20. I had to come back and let you know I’m sorry I bought your book. I have accomplished nothing this week because I can’t stop reading it. I have packing to do for god’s sake. I wanted to save it for travel time and it will be done in short order. I made the mistake of just peaking at the first chapter. I’m done for now. Very few books pull me in like this. I’ll send another admonishment when I’m done with it and have stretched my legs.

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )