Story Chat #support

Do you write short fiction? Do you crave feedback and an understanding of how you are doing? Well, I do and I was lucky enough to come across Marsha Ingrao’s Story Chat. The premise is simple enough: write a story under 1000 words and submit it to Marsha. This is a link to her site.

She will then schedule you as one of her story chats. This is mine. From there her readers, grand bunch that they are will begin a series of dialogues around your story: what works and what doesn’t; how it might be improved; where it was confusing; where it really intrigued and struck a chord. All the time you are encouraged to interact with your audience; Marsha will and her insights are sound, thoughtful and pointed.

Then, having allowed the comments to reach a natural conclusions she produces a wrap. This is what she did with my story.

It is an exceptionally committed piece of support for writers and cannot fail but to help anyone improve.

I heartily recommend you check this out; you will surely not be disappointed.

My name is Geoff Le Pard. Once I was a lawyer; now I am a writer. I've published several books: a four book series following Harry Spittle as he grows from hapless student to hapless partner in a London law firm; four others in different genres; a book of poetry; four anthologies of short fiction; and a memoir of my mother. I have several more in the pipeline. I have been blogging regularly since 2014, on topic as diverse as: poetry based on famous poems; memories from my life; my garden; my dog; a whole variety of short fiction; my attempts at baking and food; travel and the consequent disasters; theatre, film and book reviews; and the occasional thought piece. Mostly it is whatever takes my fancy. I avoid politics, mostly, and religion, always. I don't mean to upset anyone but if I do, well, sorry and I suggest you go elsewhere. These are my thoughts and no one else is to blame. If you want to nab anything I post, please acknowledge where it came from.
This entry was posted in writing and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Story Chat #support

1. I been there and got the T-shirt. It was great fun. Glad you joined up. I enjoyed your story, even if it makes much of the male population wince a little.

2. LucciaGray says:

This sounds ds great, Geoff. Thanks for sharing. I’ll look into it.

3. M. L. Kappa says:

Great idea, Goeff! I’ll have a go, thanks

4. What a wonderful idea! Will definitely check it out–thank you!

5. I remember the story, Geoff. I’m so pleased you found this useful venue.

6. every initiative that makes us write is excellent, thanks for sharing Geoff 🙂 Amy & Greg

7. Widdershins says:

I couldn’t write a short story if my life depended on it … well, I probably could under those circumstances, but many protests would be registered. I’m a long-form woman right from the very story I wrote. 😀 … that said, checked out the site, it’s brilliant! 😀

8. Marsha says:

Geoff, thank you so much for this testimony. I’ll put a link on my page and reblog it. You are so kind.
    We have a new Story Chat Summary coming up Tuesday, so their is still time for your readers to leave comments on Wanda Lust https://tchistorygal.net/2021/03/02/march-story-chat-wanda-lust-daveryshiftn-charli_mills-hughroberts05-cathincade-annecdotist-geofflepard/ When they comment I also publish a link to one or more of their blog posts if I use their comment. Doug Jacquier is on board with our April Story Chat.

9. Marsha says:

Reblogged this on Marsha Ingrao – Always Write and commented:
    Thank you so much Geoff for this wonderful plug about Story Chat. It was the brain child of a conversation between Hugh Roberts and me, and it has taken off beyond my wildest dreams. Story Chat is a collaborative effort between the author, the readers and me chatting about what comes to mind when we read the story as you would in an in-person book club meeting. I Use my best Carrot Ranch 99 words or less skills to summarize the story two or three weeks after it is published and garner up all the comments and weave them all into something fun and readable. You have three maybe four more days to comment on Wanda Lust before the Summary publishes. I’d love to hear what YOU have to say.

10. Pingback: August Story Chat “Dress for a Princess & SC 10-Month Analysis – Marsha Ingrao – Always Write

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )