Sue Vincent, A Special Kind Of Blogger

I’ve known Sue for the best part of six years, throughout my time of blogging. I’ve met her, too, at the Bloggers Bash (when I admit to a certain disappointment the red hair – see above image – wasn’t present and correct, but otherwise she was exactly who you’d assume from reading her blog). Sue is extraordinarily prolific and which generate amazing high quality content, she also finds the time to support and promote bloggers and writers like me. One of her many promotions has been her weekly #writephoto prompt which has enabled me to create a whole eclectic range of wacky and wild stories. And then she’s promoted them too.

But now Sue needs us. Tough Yorkshire lass that she is, she might baulk at that, but I don’t really care because she deserves our support.

Recently, Sue has been faced with a new and difficult challenge: lung cancer. You can follow her blog to find out more directly from her. The Covid pandemic has served not only to pose a specific threat to a person with a severe respiratory illness, but it has caused loss of human connection through self-imposed quarantine and made her role as carer to her son, who was the victim of an appalling attack, impossible.

Now it’s time for Sue to receive something back from the community she’s been a cornerstone of for a decade. Let’s bring the Rodeo into Sue’s house through her computer, and let’s come together with hearts full of joy. Join us for the Sue Vincent Rodeo Classic at the Carrot Ranch – a contest, parade, and celebration all in one!
There are many ways to participate. One is to visit the prompt image, “Hidden”, at the Carrot Ranch. The prompt image and entry form will go live on Monday, February 1st, 2021. Enter a flash or a poem by Friday, February 19th, 2021, and you could win either $100 or a copy of one of Sue’s books. The form will allow you to give a small donation for Sue and her family, and a link can be found on the contest page. The winning entries will be announced at the Carrot Ranch on March 22nd, 2021.

If you’re not ready to rodeo, there’s always the “Parade”. Reblog one of Sue’s posts from any of her sites (Daily Echo or France and Vincent) with a comment about why you found it special. Follow her blogs. Read one of her books, then leave reviews where you can. Several people are already gearing up for the parade – so feel free to check out other people’s blogs for suggestions.

Also, go ahead and reblog, tweet, Facebook, or somehow otherwise share the contest! 99 word literary art is a fantastic way to celebrate a blogging hero and very deserving person.

Saddle up, everyone! It’s time for a Carrot Ranch Rodeo like none ever held before. The Sue Vincent Rodeo Classic begins on Monday, February 1st, and it’ll be a TUFF (The Ultimate Flash Fiction) prompt to fit within 99 words.

Here are some links to find Sue

inks: Here’s some links you can use if you want to write your own post.

My name is Geoff Le Pard. Once I was a lawyer; now I am a writer. I've published several books: a four book series following Harry Spittle as he grows from hapless student to hapless partner in a London law firm; four others in different genres; a book of poetry; four anthologies of short fiction; and a memoir of my mother. I have several more in the pipeline. I have been blogging regularly since 2014, on topic as diverse as: poetry based on famous poems; memories from my life; my garden; my dog; a whole variety of short fiction; my attempts at baking and food; travel and the consequent disasters; theatre, film and book reviews; and the occasional thought piece. Mostly it is whatever takes my fancy. I avoid politics, mostly, and religion, always. I don't mean to upset anyone but if I do, well, sorry and I suggest you go elsewhere. These are my thoughts and no one else is to blame. If you want to nab anything I post, please acknowledge where it came from.
This entry was posted in prompt and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

37 Responses to Sue Vincent, A Special Kind Of Blogger

Sue is a leading light to many of us and this is a wonderful way to let her know we love her. 💜

2. I know we will all (and there will be many) be there with bells on to honour Sue Vincent and show our love and support… we just wish we could do more to help her…

3. Sue Vincent says:

Thank you, Geoff. , I think the red hair was there that first Bash, when your beard sported its own colours 🙂 though, at present, I’d be glad of any hair 🙂
    What you are all doing has really moved me, I have to say. Sometimes I just can’t find the right words…

4. barbtaub says:

What a wonderful idea!

5. Well done, Geoff. 😊

6. Marsha says:

Great post, Geoff. I can jut hear Mother Nature’s voice saying that. I’m so sorry Sue has to go through this especially now during the COVID pandemic. Thanks for doing this.

7. Marsha says:

Reblogged this on Marsha Ingrao – Always Write and commented:
    You are going to hear much more about this Carrot Ranch Rodeo in the coming weeks. If you know Sue Vincent, you need to read on. If you know Geoff LePard, you need to read on to get to know him early. He is our next Story Chat guest.

8. restlessjo says:

I read about this via Robbie and Miriam this morning, Geoff. Leaves you lost for words… I’ve never rodeod but now could be a good time. Thanks for sharing 🙂 🙂

9. Darlene says:

A great post. We will all do whatever we can for our dear Sue.

10. JT Twissel says:

I know so many people who are having such a rough time these days … I haven’t had much luck writing for quite some time but I did do some retweeting. Such good wishes.

11. Suzanne says:

Thanks Geoff for reminding me of Sue’s blog and will go over and revisit. It was also a very thoughtful idea/post.

12. Suzanne says:

PS I have been following Sue via her very entertaining blog about a dog. https://thesmalldogs.blog/

13. Jennie says:

Well done, Geoff. Sue is well deserving of our support and outreach. She was one of my first bloggers, back in 2014. God bless that strong woman with the biggest soul.

This is a great way to recognise Sue’s contribution, not only to the blogging world, but to the world. Good one, Geoff.

15. AmyRose🌹 says:

Marsha, what a good friend you are. I truly am in awe of you. You are following your heart as how to make a difference to which I applaud you for. I do the very same in my life, most of which no one knows about but that’s OK because I know I am making a difference. Its’ not about recognition or fame. It’s about love and decency and doing what is right and good. God bless you!!! And God bless Sue. Miracles do happen!!

16. noelleg44 says:

I’ve been a follower of Sue’s for a number of years. She is a profound and prolific writer, a speaker of truth, and we’ve become friends. She has done so many generous things for us, it is past time for us to help her. Thanks for getting this started, Geoff.

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )