Revenge Is A Dish Best Served Posthumously #poem #poetry

But I’ll be fine

The joke’s all mine

When all is said

And I am dead

They’ll not share it

Dog will inherit.

This entry was posted in poems, poetry and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Revenge Is A Dish Best Served Posthumously #poem #poetry

1. V.M.Sang says:

I hope Dog isn’t going to inherit any time soon.

2. noelleg44 says:

Ditto the above – not anytime to soon. But Dog is clearly favored!

Deffo not any time soon!

4. Lucky, Dog. You’d better make sure he doesn’t conspire to have you knocked off in order to inherit.

5. Oh Dog, you ARE my intended… right? Knew it! ❤

6. Good for Dog. He’s earned it. Watch out for the bone on the path.

7. Eileen says:

If Old Age is Better than the Alternative, We Are All in Deep Doggie Doo
    Little Old People stress is 24/7. As soon as you get your pillow nest all arranged to ease your aching appendages, doubt enters the room. ‘Did I lock all the doors? Did I turn off the stove? Did I take my pills…yeah…no, that was this morning. Oh pooh! I better go check.
    Then because your kidneys are the only parts of your body that have gotten more active with age, there are at least three trips at night. And since your early warning system is now defunct, they are at warp speed even on a walker. There should be an Olympic competition for this.
    And the disconcerting end to what seemed a nice day is realizing that you have gone all over town smiling today without your front upper dentures.
    Your grand and great-grand children are the bubbles of joy in the cesspool of old age, but also the barbs of reality. When sitting in your lap, looking up at you with their big innocent eyes, they ask, ‘Grandma, why do old people have turkey necks?’
    But, other than this, old age is a piece of cake! Whenever you can get to the bakery.

You have nailed it exactly. As I slide down life’s bannisters, hoping to avoid the newel post at the end and just zip off gracefully, my only concern are the splinters of memory that might be all that keeps me moving.

Love it 💜💜💜

9. Dog should be so lucky

10. Elizabeth says:

You bring to mind those recluses who leave it all to the cat. Thank goodness you are surrounded by people who know the truth about your heart!

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )