Feta, Sweet Potato And Leaves Soda Bread #baking

I must be on something of a roll. Or loaf.

When I retired from the law, one promise I made was to even the balance of running the house, given the bulk of it had fallen on the Textiliste’s shoulders while I swanned about wearing stupidly expensive suits and pretending to be important. I’m still carrying what will be an unpayable debt, but one way I do try and pull my weight is in the kitchen. I enjoy it so it’s a bit of a cheat. Unlike ironing which I neither like or do, to me continual shame…

So herself takes some pleasure in finding recipes and leaving them lying around…

‘Do we have…?’

Yes, we did.

‘And do you think…?’

Yes, she did.

‘And what about you?’

So I did.

And it was a good decision…

It’s a hard life, but someone must live it….

My name is Geoff Le Pard. Once I was a lawyer; now I am a writer. I've published several books: a four book series following Harry Spittle as he grows from hapless student to hapless partner in a London law firm; four others in different genres; a book of poetry; four anthologies of short fiction; and a memoir of my mother. I have several more in the pipeline. I have been blogging regularly since 2014, on topic as diverse as: poetry based on famous poems; memories from my life; my garden; my dog; a whole variety of short fiction; my attempts at baking and food; travel and the consequent disasters; theatre, film and book reviews; and the occasional thought piece. Mostly it is whatever takes my fancy. I avoid politics, mostly, and religion, always. I don't mean to upset anyone but if I do, well, sorry and I suggest you go elsewhere. These are my thoughts and no one else is to blame. If you want to nab anything I post, please acknowledge where it came from.
This entry was posted in baking, food, miscellany and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Feta, Sweet Potato And Leaves Soda Bread #baking

1. George says:

I can almost smell the freshly baked aroma wafting from the oven. That sounds lovely. Must give it a go.

2. Darlene says:

Yum! Looks very good.

3. This looks delicious, Geoff. Now, if you’d just photographed that recipe a little closer, it would be clearer and I could read it. [grin!]

4. gordon759 says:

Are you sure she didn’t want lemon drizzel cake?
    Looks nice though.

5. trifflepudling says:

I always enjoy looking at the incidental items in the photos. I see Christmas goodies – sherry, amarettini, pannetone, Celebrations; a Christmas card with a message (illegible, don’t worry); same tea towels as mine; and what looks like the Christmas card master file!
    That sounds really good. I’ve saved the recipe photo to my iPad and it’s very clear. Shall try with the odd adaptation. You’ve put sweet potato in the title, which I prefer, so would try that.

It’s is fun, that rummaging around the background, isn’t it? The pannetone is for a Christmas ice cream bombe which we made today. If no one turns up we will officially burst. And yes the adaption is fine and I should have said… well spotted; only you and Jenni have so far noticed or at least pointed it out.

6. Mary Smith says:

Yum, it sounds – and looks – good. I’m going to try this.

It’s not fair all this baking and I can’t eat it!

8. Elizabeth says:

I also like looking around your counter and seeing what is familiar and what isn’t. Right about now I am tired of peeling butternut squash. Maybe next autumn I will try this ou.

9. Widdershins says:

Heh, heh, heh … the perfect conversation … with a perfect result! 😀

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )