I know, I know but I couldn’t resist this. The lawn is on an uptick. Sure there’s winter looming, alongside another lockdown which will mean perfect weather and lots of gardening, because that’s what nature does when those capricious gods get out of class and go mad at playtime.

There has been digging…

the builders have made progress on the terracing and the new slabs..

The lower garden is now fairly bare of colour even as the leaves turn and fall. There’ll be some cutting back to do soon..

There are fuschias and dahlias blooming hard..

Then there are roses and anenomies and calendulas and even a clematis…

With a smattering of Dog, naturally…

And some more, for those wanting suitably cute…

And finally, in the month when Tikka purred her last here is the old girl, getting her catnip fix last June and her sister finding a lap now she has lost her cuddle bunny

This entry was posted in dogs, gardening, miscellany, pets and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

42 Responses to The Garden: October, Let Me Count The Ways (Plus Bonus Dog Piccies) #garden #october #update

Garden is looking fabulous, as is Dog💜

2. V.M.Sang says:

Dog does like to get in on the act, doesn’t he. The garden is looking great. Aren’t these mild autumns great for keeping things blooming.
    ?

It often surprises me how long things last. This week we are beginning to rein things like the dahlias and geraniums in, in case of any frost

• V.M.Sang says:

I managed to grow some Canna from seed this year. They are tricky things as the testa (seed coat) is very thick–almost like stone. Anyway, by cutting a slit in some and soaking them before planting, I now have 4 healthy-looking canna plants. I’ve brought them in already. When it gets a bit colder, we’ll cover the parent plants with large plant pots to protect them. That’s worked so far!

Hey that’s terrific. Well done

3. Rowena says:

Geoffle, as an Australian from this “wide brown land”, I have to accuse you of flashing “lawn pawn” with those photos of your luxuriant green lawn. However, at the moment I can’t complain about no lawn, a lunar landscape of interconnected dog holes or a desiccated brown crunch. Rather, the mower man here has been on strike and it was starting to soar almost wasist height underneath the clothes line. He finally took to it with the hedge trimmer but exhausted himself before he’d finished and I should’ve photographed the mess as it really was appalling. However, I was too kind. Meanwhile, we’ve had a lot of rain over the weekend and he says it gone straight back to a junle again so I might still get those pics.
    I hope you are keeping well. We’ve been having a few stressful times with the kids. Our daughter wanted to “spice things up” and got caught taking Vodka to school and has been suspended for four days. Glad she got caught and she’s come to her senses I think.That or I’m in denial, which is quite likely.
    Take care & best wishes,
    Ro

Ah aren’t children wonderful. Teenage years are a real treat. As you said in your post, most survive and it’s the parents job just to try and remain patient and be their as unjudgementally as possible, which isn’t easy. We’re pretty good here, despite another rather bizarre and unwelcome lockdown. There is always the lawn to lust over…

• Rowena says:

Well if you start turning green and fuzzy, we’ll have to intervene lock down or no lock down. Over here, they’re about to release the Victorians, and Queensland is finally letting people from NSW outside Sydney cross the border. Its a strange world.

4. Dog and garden looking great.

5. Darlene says:

Looking fabulous. Love the picture of Dog rolling on the carpet! Well, I actually love all the Dog pictures. And nice to see the kittens as well.

6. Mary Smith says:

Lots of pics of Dog to admire, thank you. And cats. The garden looks good, too.

7. Nothing the smatter with Dog and kitties ❤

8. Your garden looks terrific. Love dog and the way he could care less about that Persian. You must live a charmed life. If I published a photo of the Producer taking a nap, it would be my last. All the photos are beautiful or cute, as you described.

9. Erika says:

It is unbelievable how the flowers still are blossoming and growing! Over here too! A neverending blooming!
    It looks like a lot of changes in your garden. You have such a beautiful and big garden, just perfect for many different sections.

10. Chel Owens says:

A smattering of Dog, eh? And what of all the garden pictures, you old show off.

11. trifflepudling says:

I spy a Goblin Teasmaid in that last photo!

12. Eileen says:

Wow! Tennessee is south of you, but only a few things blooming here. Envious.

13. Elizabeth says:

My husband replanted the strip by the sidewalk after destroying Zoyzia(sp?) which he sees as a personal affront. We have had a spate of very warm weather and he is out there every morning admiring his “grassies.” I ask him how it has come to pass that he is actually out there watching the grass grow.

14. Jennie says:

And the beauty keeps growing. Thank you for sharing your wonderful and successful progress. What a garden!

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )