Tikka 1997-2020 #happycat #queenofsquawks

In September 1997 our then cleaner, knowing we’d recently lost one of our two cats, asked if we’d like a kitten to replace him. The children were keen so… we went to see the litter. There were two left. So we brought them both home, two sisters, named Tikka and Nutmeg.

They have both been independent and dictated the rules to both Dogs with whom they’ve shared the space…

But twenty-three is pretty ancient for any moggy, even one living the South London equivalent of the Life of Riley.

So Sunday Tikka passed onto to whatever Elysian Field, full of mice and lickylicks that cats go to. We will miss her neat walk, her half-Hitler moustache, her regular presents and her food demands…

But most of all we’ll miss the constant nagging…

RIP little fluffball…

This entry was posted in cats and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

53 Responses to Tikka 1997-2020 #happycat #queenofsquawks

Aw safe journey over the rainbow bridge, Tikka 🙏🏽💜

2. trifflepudling says:

Aw, dear little Tikka. What a lovely life she had – a magnificent innings. Hope the rest of you are ok and not too sad.

3. barbtaub says:

My condolences to you and all those who loved her.

4. Darlene says:

RIP Tikka. So cute. She had a good long stint and a fabulous garden to explore. Hugs to all.

So sorry Geoff, it’s heartbreaking when our furry friends shuffle off of this mortal coil. After twenty three years, she is a grown up child. Bless her. Bless you all. 💜

6. What a sweet baby. Sorry to hear of her passing.

7. gordon759 says:

Very sorry to hear your sad news

8. Always sad to lose a fur baby. Do you still have Nutmeg? 23 is a great age for a cat.

9. V.M.Sang says:

Sorry to hear of Tikka’s passing. I’m sure she’s happy wherever she is now. Condolences to all the family. I know you’ll miss her.

10. Mary Smith says:

So sorry to hear this, Geoff. It’s hard losing a pet. Condolences to you all.

11. I am sorry to hear this, GEoff. I am also very attached to my cat. Twenty three is a very long life for a cat, I must say.

12. Aw pretty kitty, who had such a loving home here on earth, the only place better could be the other side of the Rainbow Bridge! God Bless you all. ❤

13. A beautiful tribute to Tikka, Geoff. It is never easy to have to say goodbye.

14. Erika says:

What an amazing age for a cat. A clear sign of how lucky she was to live with you, Geoff!

15. Erika says:

16. Always a sad loss when a pet dies. 23 is exceptional for a cat, well done Tikka.

17. Aw so sorry for your loss. My oldest kitty – a Siamese – almost made it to 21. And even though it was time, it was still very hard to see her go.

18. George says:

She’s gorgeous. So sorry she’s gone, but twenty three is a ripe old age indeed, and that’s twenty three years of happy memories she leaves you with.

19. As someone above said, it is very hard to lose a friend of so many years. Heartfelt condolences.

20. Widdershins says:

What a wonderful innings. Bon Voyage, Tikka.

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )