Going For Pembroke #holiday #wales

Having buggered up a family holiday in Ireland in April and a wedding in August, novice Dick Head Tours recruit Rona Virus has not managed to screw up our little family staycation in Pembrokeshire. Even though we’re seven when you include Dog, we will be back when the latest jolting handbrake turn kicks in on Monday limiting us to six in a bubble. This won’t be our problem…

Today was the first full day. The Vet is a bit of a one for exercise – ‘shall we dad?’.

So we did twenty minutes of hiit. And then ten minutes of stomachs. She could stand. I appeared to have channelled my inner mollusc and found it easiest if I slid to the kitchen for breakfast.

Happily, we improved and, at the youngsters instigation set off for a little piece of heaven around small coastal hamlet called Stackpole.

There we meandered along the banks of several lily ponds,

crossing or just viewing the variety of bridges on the way.

We stopped for a bite at Stackpole quay where Dog and rested our paws before me tried a clean up operation and we marvelled at how anyone actually wants to use a kayak rather than grow geraniums in them.

We set off along the world renowned Pembrokeshire coastal path

stopping for a selfie. Look at those teeth. Who needs headlights with those in the car.

Naturally Dog decided to continue to improve my face to sweat ratio.

There are many coves, stacks and cliffs hereabouts as well as the odd, secluded sandy beach.

We took a breather while Dog stood look out, before heading back to the cars. That seven miles was the longest in a fair few months. I’m sure the morning exercise class has nothing to do with the soreness of my feet.

Later we dined at the Grove, a rather swish hotel that had a dog friendly conservatory. He slept for the majority of the meal. Just as I did, if truth be told.

This entry was posted in family, holidays, miscellany and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to Going For Pembroke #holiday #wales

1. V.M.Sang says:

Pembrokeshire is beautiful. It’s been a long while since I walked on the coastal path. We were planning to go to Wales when the lockdown hit, so we had to cancel. We did manage a holiday in Scotland at the end of August, though, with daughter and family.

Excellent. Hope you had decent weather too. It does make a difference.

• V.M.Sang says:

Not bad for the last week in August. We had a little rain on Tuesday morning when we caught the train to Mallaig, and it poured and was freezing cold when we plannemd a walk up Cairngorm. Husband and I decided to forgo the walk and went to buy whisky at the Dalwhinney distillery instead. The others set off, but didn’t get very far, apparently.
        Apart from that, a bit of cloud and a bit of sun.

Love the Highlands. So glad you enjoyed

Glad you got away. Looks glorious!

3. trifflepudling says:

How are Dog’s map reading skills 😉?
    Have fun.

We had a week in Pembrokeshire last year….last year that other universe it is beautiful isn’t . Lovely pictures, happy days 💜. Make the most of them 💜💜

5. Darlene says:

What a gorgeous getaway!! Dog looks like he´s having fun.

6. Mary Smith says:

Looks beautiful and you seemed to hit lucky with the weather.

7. JT Twissel says:

Such a healthy and happy looking gang!

They are well nourished, aren’t they? I was privy to a debate about which Male partner was more of a moisturiser thief than the other, something to which I could not contribute

8. Lesley says:

Beautiful photos – I love Wales. Wow, all those pearly whites, but I noticed you kept your mouth closed!
    “My inner mollusc” . . . I love that! 😀

9. Suzanne says:

A walk followed by food and a sleep, and amazingly great weather, near about perfect.

10. Our favourite walk around Bosherston Lily Ponds – just ten miles from us. Glad you enjoyed. You should come back in the summer to see the lilies, Geoff.

11. Just being reminded of Dick Head Tours causes mad laughter

12. Elizabeth says:

The only thing I like about HIIT is the second I.

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )