The Garden – Mid August 2020 #garden

I must report that while there is still much colour and the vegetables are splendid, the lawns have taken a pummelling and the excessive (for us) heat of recent days has taken its toll.

Bear in mind neither the Textiliste and I enjoy using perfectly sound potable water on the garden. Yes, we need to, but stressing our plants is a fact of our gardening life.

And as I reported recently the parakeets have been doing to our sunflowers what the Education minister has managed to do the hopes and aspirations of many 18 year olds – pretty much destroy the young and sunny blossoms – tossers, both.

Still, here we go and as an incentive for those interested a few piccies of Dog at the end.

And then there was Dog, as promised. A hot Dog at times too

This entry was posted in dogs, gardening, London, miscellany and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to The Garden – Mid August 2020 #garden

Lawns have truly taken a pummelling this summer 😒

2. I doubt we’ll have many flowers you don’t have next week, but I’ll do my best πŸ™‚

3. jenanita01 says:

Lovely flowers, Geoff… but don’t worry about the grass, one good rain soaking and it will start to come back!

4. Darlene says:

Your lovely garden makes me think of that song by Jimmie Rodgers. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=11&v=EUyxCP5Rvco&feature=emb_logo

5. Mary Smith says:

Lovely colours and I’m sure your lawn will recover. My distressed patch has come back to green life after the rain we’ve had. I suspect more moss than grass, but still, green instead of brown. Always lovely to see Dog.

6. Jennie says:

Beautiful flowers. Your lawn will come back once it rains.

Beautiful photos of Dog and garden. A little unsettled by
    “my much maligned top lawn – it’s going this autumn, for sure… be sure to watch out for the updates on that tiny little project!!” I do hope it’s not paving, decking or concrete…..perhaps even false grass? πŸ˜³πŸ’œ

8. Elizabeth says:

I am pleased to see what apples look like when they have not been devoured in their earliest stage by squirrels. Your dog really does perfectly illustrate the “dog days of summer” phrase.

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )