Leave Monday Alone #lockdown #sonnet

During this lockdown, when the passing days

Are formless blocks of time, a groundhog haze,

Is this the point to rehabilitate

Monday, and tell Sir Bob to stop the hate?

Saturdays have always had an easy ride,

Whether you’re bushy-tailed or hollow-eyed;

Sundays stand aloof, think themselves the best

Boredom rebranded as the Day of Rest.

Tuesdays and Thursdays merge, a time-filled lump,

Wednesdays purpose is to give us the hump.

And even each cheeky Friday knows that it’s

Only loved because, however bad, it’s P.O.E.T.S.*

Monday’s not a joke. It’s not ours to abuse;

Life’s far too short and there is no time to lose.

*P.O.E.T.S: PUSH OFF EARLY, TOMORROW’S SATURDAY

This entry was posted in humour, miscellany, poems, poetry, sonnets and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Leave Monday Alone #lockdown #sonnet

Brilliant, His Geoffleship… they all feel like Monday, right now… or maybe Tuesday… I don’t know, they all meld into one…

2. Lately I don’t what day it is 🙂

3. Erika says:

I love this song since I was a young teenager! We had a holiday yesterday, so, yes, this is kind of a Monday… lol

I don’t like any day at the moment 💜

5. Well done, Geoff.

6. arlingwoman says:

So true. They all feel like Monday except Friday. And I was so excited about hearing the Boomtown Rats again–hadn’t thought of them for a while, but will have to go on YouTube, because it was blocked…

7. Suzanne says:

You are certainly skilled with those words. Brilliant, as it made me smile and now I must get out to enjoy a sunny Wednesday morning. Cheers, Geoff.

8. A splendid run through the week. Mind you, we often don’t know what day it is.

9. Elizabeth says:

Good poem for “just another manic Monday.”

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )