May Garden: A Half Month Report And An Anniversary #garden #springcolour

Yes, it’s been fab, here in South London. Lockdown means lots more time to improve all aspects. I’ve even had the time to follow a short video on how to make a cold frame from an old pallet – we collect these from skips to make compost bins so there’s always a few spares stacked here and there. Here’s a few shots..

As you can see Dog helped.

And so to the plants and veg…

And for those who need some pictures of Dog in his natural habitat…plus Vicky (the tortoise) Nutmeg and Tikka (our 22 year old twins)

And the anniversary? From this

to 36 years of marriage later to this

at our daughter’s wedding last year; one of us hasn’t changed much…

This entry was posted in gardening, pets and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

57 Responses to May Garden: A Half Month Report And An Anniversary #garden #springcolour

Huge congratulations on 36 years! ❤

2. Darlene says:

Happy Anniversary! You both look great and are well suited. I am envious of your lovely garden. You certainly know how to make things grow, plants, and relationships!!

3. I’ve always enjoyed seeing your garden. It’s so beautiful.

4. Congratulations – I did notice the disparity in change 🙂 Now – are you using the Gutenberg editor? I notice your group pictures are mostly not cropped – have they improved this? Or have you kept most of your pics to the same format so they can’t bugger them up?

I do use it. I think there was an option and i went uncropped

• Thanks, Geoff. My problem was that if I went uncropped they changed the size of the landscape pics and the page looked awful. In your post the tortoise picture above the cat has been cropped – months ago, when I last used the new system, they would have kept the whole picture but halved it leaving white space above it. Anyway it looks as if I’m going to have to give it another go.

Most of mine are portrait which may explain it. The tortoise was landscape. I must say i hasnt really noticed. Isn’t that sloppy!?

• Yes – quite sloppy. 🙂 The others are all portrait which explains most of it, but they did crop the tortoise nevertheless. We see what happens on 1at June.

Beautiful garden, happy anniversary. Now as to the cold frame you said “As you can see Dog helped.” Well I have it on it on the best authority that actually Dog did it all. 💜💜💜

6. Great pics–and nice work on the projects, especially the marriage project!

7. Your garden is fabulous Geoff, and that’s a lovely picture of you both at your daughter’s wedding. Thirty six years……. wow, Coral plus 1. Congratulations. We’re coming up for our Pearl next year.

8. V.M.Sang says:

Congratulations on 36 years of marriage.
    The garden looks wonderful. How come the snails haven’t eaten your hostas? I gave up on them because of it.
    We’re not a million miles from you in South London. being just north of Eastbourne, and previously lived in Redhill. I taught in Croydon for 20 years. Whereabouts in S. London are you? (If you are willing to divulge. I know some people prefer to remain more private.)

9. trifflepudling says:

Happy Anniversary! Similar weather, I remember. Many congratulations xx

10. arlingwoman says:

If you were here in the US, your garden would get featured in Southern Living or whatever regional magazine there was where you were. It’s beautiful. My cold frame is on its last winters, so I may do something like yours this fall if the current one won’t stay together…Congratulations on the anniversary. You both look pretty fabulous.

11. You seem to have an aptitude for healthy longevity – this is impressive! Especially the cats. Oh, and the marriage. Well done!

12. JT Twissel says:

I am so jealous! Geoff – you look in great shape!

13. Happy Anniversary. Beautiful garden and nice job on the cold frame.

14. Mary Smith says:

Fabulous garden. You can see where your daughter gets her looks – and it’s not from the one with a beard 🙂

15. Magnificent! And congratulations.

16. Well, yes, now you’ve got glasses.

Lovely garden, as usual. Pop over and fix mine, will you?

17. What a great idea for making a cold frame Geoff. My neighbour’s son has been recycling pallets into a garden settee, which looks great. I wish I had a way with a hammer…
    Your garden looks fab. You have been busy. Happy anniversary to you both. You all look well including the little ones and dog.

18. Widdershins says:

I love your garden, and Dog, posts. 🙂

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )