That February Feeling #garden #colour

I spent may days digging in my garden. That finished in the last week so we now have some large bare areas that will be planted with seeds and bedding plants this summer. Hopefully for some spectacular colour. Next autumn the plan is to consider planting the area to fruit trees and meadow grasses with meadow flowers to help (a) reduce maintenance and (b) encourage more nature.

Meanwhile we’ve had a bellyful of rain, no frosts, lots of birds, plenty of newts and toads and blossom and colour. I let you have some images up to mid Feb a short while ago, so these are from the last fortnight. Enjoy.

Oh and there’s a selection of Dog at the end. As if I needed an excuse….

And on the last day of the month, after another night of heavy rain and downpours courtesy of Storm Jorge, this is how it looks as we prepare to move towards March.

I’m off skiing so here’s Dog to keep you company this week…

This entry was posted in dogs, gardening and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

33 Responses to That February Feeling #garden #colour

Lovely Jubbly.

2. George says:

Your fingers are clearly as adept with a spade as with a pen (there’s a Seamus Heaney poem in there somewhere).

3. Darlene says:

I´m sure some fairies must live in your garden. So lovely. And I love the photos of Dog. Have fun skiing.

4. Looking good. I like the meadow ideas. Poor dog looks bereft.

5. Beautiful spring flowers. Dog seems a little put out in a couple of photos.

6. noelleg44 says:

Gorgeous flowers – you are a talented gardener!

7. Dog looks so sad you didn’t take him along skiing! 😉 Lovely and inspiring, of envy as well as garden ideas. Thanks for both!

8. JT Twissel says:

Wow! Aside from a few daffodils, my garden looks bleak. No rain in sight and so it will remain that way. Enjoy!

9. Erika says:

Your garden is a dream, Geoff!!

10. Elizabeth says:

Where do you ski? Shows you how little I know about skiing in England. Lovely color–I think it’s called “green.” Been a long time since I’ve seen any.

11. Lots of gorgeous new growth Geoff. I love your pond and dog of course.

12. Looking beautiful! I can smell the fresh flowers from here. Looks like a great spot to read a book. Your dog is adorable, too!

13. How beautiful, Geoff. It looks like spring is making an appearance in your garden. 🙂

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )