A Gem Of A Marriage

A gem of a marriage

We married young and liked our fun
As do healthy boys and girls
We stayed quite flirty at year thirty
Romping on a bed of pearls.

We didn’t brag cos we were glad
To bounce around like newbies
We’d kept it naughty at year forty
So we deserved those rubies.

Time has passed, we can’t be arsed
And faking it’s not clever.
Still the wife’s still frisky at year sixty
So these diamonds are for Eva.

This was written for Chelsea Owens terrible poetry prompt

This entry was posted in poems, poetry and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

36 Responses to A Gem Of A Marriage

🤣🤣 an ode and a half!

2. Bryntin says:

Hmm… autobiographical this time then? 😉

3. Ha, ha! Well done, but who is Eva? And does the Textiliste know?

4. Thanks for the much-needed laugh, Geoff. 😉 Well done. Or terribly done if you win.

5. There is nothing terrible about this – it is one of your best

6. George says:

Hearing Jimi Hendrix cover All Along The Watchtower prompted Bob Dylan to re-record it. If only Will Shakespeare had read this before I had to study him at school, working through the sonnets would have been far more entertaining.

7. Widdershins says:

Bwhahahaha … bloody brilliant! 😀

How cute is that 💜

9. Elizabeth says:

I wish that for me writing good poetry was as easy as writing rotten poetry. You outdid yourself with this one, though, proving that some rotten poetry takes talent.

10. Pingback: WINNER of the Weekly Terrible Poetry Contest 2/28/2020 | Chelsea Ann Owens

11. Alas, fair Geoff, you’re too good to win. 🙂 …and now I’m associating pearls with lumbago.

12. ellenbest24 says:

Well all that nasty business recorded right here, rumpty pumpty and a marriage full of cheer. Your memory left you with a Stonking bit of stuff. Pearls before swine as it were. Now you are back down with the kids for “EVA.”

13. ChasingElohim says:

Loved it 🤣

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )