The October Garden Part 2

This entry was posted in miscellany and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

50 Responses to The October Garden Part 2

1. Great! Now, come do mine. πŸ™‚ 🌹

2. masgautsen says:

Looks amazing , wish mine looked as nice

Looks amazing!!!

4. Terrific. Is that peat moss your man’s applying to the lawn?

Everything in the garden is beautiful πŸ’œ

6. Erika Kind says:

I can only repeat what I already said: You have such a beautiful garden. And of course, it causes a lot of work.

7. Elizabeth says:

Certainly a huge change from the wedding garden. Lovely still, but not as festive.

8. Suzanne says:

Geoff, I like how you displayed your photographs plus the splash of autumn colours.

9. JT Twissel says:

Cool smiley face. How fun.

10. Beautiful Geoff. You are well ahead on your autumn tidy up. I love the smiley face.

It sort of happened; we had a good giggle over that! And the tidy up is happening gradually as usual. We try to leave the leaves on the beds and cutback the herbaceous borders gradually as so many creates – shrews mice frogs toads newts etc – use it as a warm place to hibernate. We are clearing out two beds to replant them over the next two years, possibly creating a meadow grass/wild flower and orchard area

Your garden always amazes me, Geoff. It’s gorgeous. I love that blue lawnmower too. I just might be tempted to use it. But then, more maybe not. πŸ™‚

That’s a scarifier in fact which we use to rip out the annual thatch that builds up over the summer of cutting and inhibits the grass’ growth. It removes moss too and helps aerate the lawn before we add topsoil (the gorgeous black stuff) and seed. Twice a year and it helps build the strength resilience and constancy of the lawn

12. Pam Lazos says:

Looks like you have a crop circle in your backyard, Geoff.

13. Still looking good

14. Widdershins says:

You can’t go wrong with a smiley face on your lawn. πŸ™‚ … spectacular all round. πŸ˜€

15. Pingback: A Tribute to Geoff LePard of TanGental | Chelsea Ann Owens

16. George says:

Wonderful palette of autumnal colours. Love the giant frog.

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )