And So To Bed…

To anyone who spends time here, I’ve decided that this August my daily blogging will become spasmodic. A change is as good as a rest they say. I’ll still do the odd prompt, I’m sure, and maybe the occasional review and pics of Dog and the garden.

But I have a wedding to enjoy and some real Father of the Fianced experiences to garner and convert into a set of posts. And I have sooooo many bookish things I want to do…

… thus, for August it’s goodbye from me…

and

goodbye from him…

For now. TTFN

This entry was posted in Blogging and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to And So To Bed…

Will miss you, but look forward to all the upcoming posts, after the major event 🥰
    And I’ll be trying to blog less on August to edit!
    #RiNoEdMo!!!

Enjoy being the FOB. That’s allowed. We will miss you but that’s okay we are big girls and boys ….and High is back. I will miss you so be back soon.

3. Sensible fellow!! Have a wonderful month and event and good writing!

4. Enjoy the wedding!

5. TTFN Geoff. Enjoy your time away.

6. Romantic Ninja says:

A change is as good as a rest. Amen to that!

7. trifflepudling says:

You’re going to be glued to The Ashes, aren’t you!
    Have a great month and keep a dry eye at the wedding if poss!

Shush… I like to keep the mystery. Not feeling v excited today. Hope the team have a bit more motivation. Personally I think they’ll win. They’ve prepared properly, their opening four bags have so much more than ours and today’s attack is far too samey unless the overheads help massively… in which case Pattinson and Cummins are a fearsome prospect. I could go on…

Have a wonderful August, Geoff. Enjoy all it has to offer.

9. Enjoy your writing and the wedding! Look forward to seeing you back soon, Geoff.

10. I wish you all a wonderful month; and I do hope Dog recovers soon 🙂

11. Good for you! Enjoy your festivities!

12. Darlene says:

Have a fabulous wedding. I look forward to the posts.

13. Widdershins says:

Have a blast! … see you on the other side. 😀

14. Losing the Plot says:

Looking forward to the FotF posts 😉 enjoy the break

15. Elizabeth says:

Good work letting someone marry your daughter. I assume you have done more than due diligence about the young man! Have a great time and may your shoes not hurt your feet as you dance.

16. Pam Lazos says:

Have a fabulous time!

17. JT Twissel says:

Enjoy – look forward to hearing all about the nuptials… Hope all goes well and if, it doesn’t, hope it’s something to be laughed about in the coming years. Every wedding has to have at least one crazy uncle story!

18. My weekly prompt is very odd. You should therefore do it at least once. 😉

19. Rowena says:

Well, Geoffle such a pity we won’t be able to watch you walk your daughter down the aisle giving Steve Martin a run for his money. Has dog been painted in confetti blotches for the big event? Very apt. I clearly have no experience of being the father of the bride. However, when I look at photos of my father walking me down the aisle, he looks very proud and particularly chuffed. I don’t think I’ve even seen this so demonstratively before. I don’t think there’s much that compares to seeing your children getting married, aside from their birth. Well, perhaps I lie. Yet, it is incredibly special and it really is a line in the sand and a point of really growing up and taking responsibility for yourself and your partner. Geoff and I have been married for 18 years now and I don’t think we’d have made it if there had been an escape hatch.
    Anyway, August is the month of a life time so enjoy. Meanwhile, I popped over to put you onto a book I am reading. I don’t give many book referrals and you might have noticed I don’t do loads or virtually no book reviews. However, I am absolutely blown away by Shell by Kristina Olsson which is set around the construction of the Sydney Opera House and conscription for Vietnam. The language is particularly poetic and absolutely beautiful and I know you’d love it. Here’s a review: https://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/books/shell-review-kristina-olssons-provocative-novel-of-australia-and-ideas-20181107-h17mmf.html
    Congratulations on being Father of the Bride and behave yourself. Stay out of trouble.
    Best wishes,
    Ro

Thanks Ro. You will hear about it in due course….

• Rowena says:

best suspense story you’ve written in ages. We’re all hanging out for the wedding reveal. Wishing wonderful things for the bride and groom and some incredible moments for Mum and Dad in the lead up and on the big day. My only advice is not to under-estimate how long it takes to get the hair done. One of my friends was almost an hour late for her wedding and the string quartet could only play through Pachabel’s Canon once before they had to pack up and go to their next booking. I was 30 minutes late and I’ll blame the hair for that too.

20. Have an amazing time at the wedding, my friend. See you around the blogosphere when the flower petals settle. 🙂

21. Have a fantastic wedding Geoff! In the meantime I’ll catch up a bit on your previous posts, (sorry I’ve been a bit lapse recently) 🙂

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )