It’s Not About The Paint #carrotranch #flashfiction #morganandlogan

‘You decorating, Logan?’

‘I was fed up with the colour.’

‘I always thought it was one of those pretentious ‘white with a hint of snot’ thingies.’

‘It was Forest Dapple.’

‘You’re kidding? Which bit of that “yesterday’s cappuccino” effect was forest and which dapple?’

‘You’re right, it was just brown. Now it’s Sunshine Glory.’

‘Yellow?’

‘But a really deep and inspiring yellow that speaks to love and harmony.’

‘Sort of lemony, then?’

‘Why don’t you decorate your flat rather than scoff.’

‘I plan to, tonight but I’m going much bigger than my flat.’

‘Yeah?’

‘I’m painting the town red.’

This was written in response to Charli Mills’ latest prompt at the Carrot Ranch

June 27, 2019, prompt: In 99 words (no more, no less) write a story that involves paint. It can be fresh, peeling or in need of a coat. What is being painted and why? Go where the prompt leads!

This entry was posted in carrot ranch, creative writing and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to It’s Not About The Paint #carrotranch #flashfiction #morganandlogan

1. More fun to paint the town red than painting a flat 🙂

2. JT Twissel says:

The things they name paint colors! White with hint of snot. My kitchen is painted yeast.

3. Erika Kind says:

Haha, decorated some rooms lately and can relate to those color descriptions well… lol!

They must employ redundant presidential speech writers to come up with this guff. Question, is this an English obsession or does it translate to French and German home paints……

• Erika Kind says:

Oh, definitely! There are several names for the different shades of each color. So I am having vanilla and lavender on the walls in my therapy practice room, vanilla and café crema in the kitschen, and vanilla again in the dining and living room… If this all smelled the way it is called I would swing from a caffeine shock to deep relaxation…

Our vanilla is usually called magnolia even if magnolia is whiter in nature… complicated?

• Erika Kind says:

Ah, I see! That is something you get a doctor degree once you figured the whole thing… lol!

Great job His Geoffleship!

For once he is making sense. 💜

6. Elizabeth says:

I love the sense of humor of whoever trimmed those trees.

7. You’d better be listening

Way to go, Morgan!

9. Jennie says:

Great, Geoff!

Well, perhaps it’ll be better on the sunny side of the paint can. Painting the town red only goes so far. 😉

11. Pingback: Paint « Carrot Ranch Literary Community

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )