Taking Ice With A Pinch Of Salt

‘Ice with it?’

‘My dad said that was sacrilege.’

‘He liked his scotch warm?’

‘He didn’t like scotch. He just didn’t like others having it with ice. He was a G&T man.’

‘No ice?’

‘Always ice and a slice.’

‘Bit of an odd relationship with ice.’

‘He called me Ice.’

‘Why? He can’t have thought you were cool.’

‘I found it in his phone. My contact was “Ice”. I liked that.’

‘You doofus. It means ‘In Case Of Emergency. You were his nominated contact.’

‘Really? Oh well. At least I was his best pick.’

‘From a small field.’

‘True.’

Morgan and Logan are considering Ice this week, as prompted by Charli Mills’ Carrot Ranch, here

May 23, 2019, prompt: In 99 words (no more, no less) write a story without ice. It can be a world without ice or a summer camp that runs out of cubes for lemonade. What does the lack mean to the story? Go where the prompt leads!

This entry was posted in carrot ranch, flash fiction, prompt and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

34 Responses to Taking Ice With A Pinch Of Salt

In my Pops phone our names are all followed with ICE!!!

2. Excellent use of the prompt, Geoff.

3. What a delightful take on this prompt. Had to smile. No icy reception here!

4. Very cool response, Geoff.

5. Erika Kind says:

LOL!! Too funny. But I am the winner too regarding emergency numbers… haha.

6. That was also informative – who knew coming from those two. We ‘ICE’s’ are all cool 🙂

7. Elizabeth says:

My dad kept a bottle of gin in MY freezer. He really liked his gin cold.

A titanic effort Geoff 😲💜

9. JT Twissel says:

Cool as ICE, hey? Jolly good fun!

ICE – I like it! I hope I’m not the only one who didn’t get it. But it was great comical surprise anyway.

11. masercot says:

I think you nailed it.

12. Perfect take on the prompt, Geoff. Very funny!

Ice and a slice sound right to the point, even for water. Ha! Now I wonder who all the cool kids are listed in their parents’ contacts! A fun take on the prompt, Geoff!

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )