The Secret Diary Of A First Time FOF; Part Two

This is entirely fiction. Completely. Utterly. Except for any true bits

April 30th: First Of Her Name announces three line whip for this evening. When I query the timing (Champions League semi, etc) the words I’ve been dreading but I knew were coming are uttered. ‘Wedding Planning’.

7 pm convene in reconstituted dining room, now to be known as Centre of Operations (Wedding). When the Fiancé points out the acronym, he is belaboured about head. Then it is my turn. ‘What have I done wrong?’ ‘You were about to laugh.’

This is both unfair (how could she know?) and true (I was). Take punishment like a Quisling husband should.

9 pm. Brain awash with facts and statistics and flow charts and mind maps and lists but one specific item holds front and centre. The Wedding Estimate. Apparently this is ‘reasonable’ but ‘subject to known and unknown variables’. Male Heir says ‘So were London Olympics’ and I lose consciousness at thought of spending £9.35 billion on a wedding. When I come to, the room is empty and the table cleared. Everyone has gone to bed. My eyes finally resume their ability to focus. On the flip-chart someone has written: ‘Pillock’.

Stay up and spend next three hours googling ‘how can I hide my assets off shore’. We can all do some planning.

This entry was posted in fiction, humour, miscellany and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to The Secret Diary Of A First Time FOF; Part Two

1. Mary Smith says:

I told you there would be much planning! Deep breathing might help – in through the nose, out through the mouth!

2. Darlene says:

So funny. I was wondering when cost would appear. It was so much easier when I got married. Dad just sold a couple of cows.

3. Guido the easy lender may be able to help if you have two good legs. and one good arm

4. Wait until you get to the speech

Oh the fun starts!!!

6. The bit about getting walloped over he head almost, is definitely true.

Good luck with the offshore assets. I’m pleased you have enough to hide. 🙂

8. Widdershins says:

OK then, this is going swimmingly! 😀

Luckily I can only ever be the groom’s mother, and have been so know nothing much about the planning lark! Mind you we know all about the cost! Arm , leg and then some !!

10. Elizabeth says:

As they sleep whisper “elope, elope, elope” in their ears.

11. So funny! I can see another book being written, titled, “There isn’t enough room under the mattress!”

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )