When Being A Drip Is A Cause For Celebration #writephoto #flashfiction

‘Where have you been?’

‘Wow, I mean, WOW. All over. Really.’

‘Stop splashing and tell me.’

‘No, you first. I’m mean it’s been ages, hasn’t it? I really thought I’d lost you.’

‘Me too.’

‘So what happened? I thought you were right behind me…’

‘I was.’

‘… but when I got to the bottom you’d disappeared. I mean it was MAD, yeah?  That fall? Like a total tumult. Did you rush ahead? I tried to catch up but you were too quick. And then we bounced past some rocks and…’

‘We?’

‘A gang out of Lakeside. We just flowed, you know? It was so together, man.’

‘That must have been fun. Did you get far?’

‘I was dizzy, yeah. We headed for the sea, like you do but these crazy guys, sprites or something had us jumping and stuff. It was like out of bounds.’

‘You went over the edge?’

‘Yeah, how cool is that, what? I’d never experienced anything like it. I mean we were small bits in a large pond before. This was a whole new league. At one point we were swept up by this hiker, but we knew it wouldn’t last. We were just passing through, yeah? Some of the guys were a bit pissed but I told them not to sweat it. After, we sort of chilled for a bit. Some R&R, just lazing by the pool and then well, the inevitable happened.’

‘The sun?’

‘Yeah. Things got a bit cloudy after that, I was blown off course, split up from the others and drifted some. But as they say, in everyone’s life a little rain must fall and before I knew it I’m back here.’

‘Some adventure.’

‘Yeah but what about you? You must have seen stuff, eh? The sea, maybe? Tides and stuff? Come on, what’s my favourite water molecule been up to?’

‘Oh much more prosaic. After you’d shot over the edge, I floated to the top to get my head right, forgot the first lesson and evaporated before I could join the flow and bugger me if I didn’t pour down on the top of that mountain. I’ve been grinding through the ice for the last couple of years.’

‘Man, you’ve been glaciated?’

‘Fraid so. Only just melted out.’

‘So what’s your plan?’

‘Me? I am so outta here. See you at the bottom. Yee-Ha!’

Sue Vincent’s latest #writephoto prompt is

This entry was posted in #writephoto, creative writing, flash fiction, miscellany, prompt. Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to When Being A Drip Is A Cause For Celebration #writephoto #flashfiction

Just knew you’d take this to another level! Love it His Geoffleship!!!

2. Sue Vincent says:

I love that this drip is so joyful 🙂

3. A whole new take on the cycle of water introductory. Module 101.1 🙂

4. Wow! When molecules get so chummy it often causes terrible surface tension, but you made it work here Geoff. and well done.

5. This was easier to follow with distinct voices. Your hiker bit, though…

6. noelleg44 says:

His Geoffleship has done it again. 🙂 🙂

7. Brilliantly funny Geoff.

8. Pingback: When Being A Drip Is A Cause For Celebration ~ Geoff Le Pard #writephoto #flashfiction | Sue Vincent's Daily Echo

9. Jordan says:

Weee!! How exciting and fun! Excellent piece!!
    Jordan

10. Jennie says:

Oh, this was really good!!

11. ellenbest24 says:

A raindrop/drip on a journey I love that it started outside a shopping centre … It must have been male Because a woman would have got in.😂 zzz it’s bad when you have to explain a joke so I won’t. This was chortlingly funny without my input. 👏👏🌨

Did you delve into your bungy jump experience for the last bit Geoff! Nice piece 😁

13. Ha ha ha, the lifecycle of a water molecule. So much fun.

Love it, Geoff. What a great way to make learning about the water cycle interesting.

15. Pingback: Photo prompt round-up: Fall #writephoto | Sue Vincent's Daily Echo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )