Magic? It’s A Trick Of The Light? #carrotranch #flashfiction

This week’s prompt from the Carrot Ranch is looking at magic

August 23, 2018, prompt: In 99 words (no more, no less) write a story that includes magic. It can be a supernatural force, a moment or idea, or use it as a verb. Go where the prompt leads.

‘Do you believe in magic, Logan?’

‘In what context?’

‘What’s wrong with a yes or no?’

‘If you mean prestidigitation…’

‘Huh?’

‘Slight of hand, deceit, then that’s not magic. If you mean the magic of nature or of birth or first love…’

‘You soppy romantic…’

‘… then yes. There are some things that are truly magical, truly miraculous. They constantly amaze me.’

‘Like my wit and brilliance?’

‘Like the fact that despite you driving me nuts, talking rot, playing the fool, we are still friends.’

‘And my wit and brilliance?’

‘That too.’

‘Give me a hug.’

‘Don’t push it…’

Morgan and Logan, in a previous life…

This entry was posted in carrot ranch, flash fiction and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to Magic? It’s A Trick Of The Light? #carrotranch #flashfiction

Love these little conversational snippets! I can almost hear them being spoken!

There is definitely magic between these two! 🙂

3. janmalique says:

Rather lovely being an onlooker at the interaction between these individuals.

4. Sweet conversation! 🙂 😀
    Nicely done!

5. Love these guys Geoff. Wonder who the lady bird was in the bath………

A magical friendship which might, one day, master the buddy hug! The bottom photo looks like stone rubber duckies.

7. Well, the photo proves Logan’s point – maybe he has some recall……..

8. Jennie says:

This was so good!

9. syncwithdeep says:

Dialogs.. Conversations.. Lovely it is

10. Ha ha ha, what fun!

11. I must agree with your little stone friends, Geoff. Great stuff.

Again they have stunned me into silence. Question, who is the third duck in a previous life with Morgan and Logan ? 😉💜💜

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )