Apprenticed To My Mother – We Are Now Go!

The Blurb: When my father died in 2005, I assumed my mother would need more support and someone to help with decisions she previously shared with her husband. What I didn’t realise was the role she had in mind for me: a sort of Desmond 2.0. Over the five years until her death, I played the role of apprentice, learning more about her and her relationship with my father than I had gleaned in my previous 50 years. We laughed, we cried and, occasionally we disagreed, and throughout she manipulated me as, I learnt, she had my father. Neither of us minded much; we were both her so willing fools, for she was an extraordinary woman and we both knew we were in the presence of someone very special.

Well, it’s been read, and edited and read again and it’s done and it’s now live. I’d be delighted if you’d have a look at it; I’d be even more delighted if you bought it; and words cannot express the generally dribbling state of exhilaration I’d find myself in if you reviewed it.

If you’d be interested in a guest post on your blog about writing my first memoir, how my mother influenced so many aspects of my life, what life in my mother’s kitchen really entailed, how she used every distraction technique to avoid any sort of housework if the garden called or, indeed any theme that might apply to a mother and son (because, believe me I ‘enjoyed’ them all), then do let me know via the contact button above and I’d be delighted to oblige.

This volume can be found here…

Apprenticed To My Mother

The paperback version will follow shortly.

This entry was posted in Books, family, Memoir and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

50 Responses to Apprenticed To My Mother – We Are Now Go!

1. barbtaub says:

Just downloaded my copy. I can’t wait to read (and review)!

2. Congratulations, Geoff. Hugs.

3. Darlene says:

Just downloaded my copy onto my kindle. Can´t wait to read it.

4. Awesome! So happy to put this on the Kindle!

5. Your blurb made me want to read it. Today.

6. ellenbest24 says:

Awesome Geoffles awesome. Shared to twitter

So excited to have been a part of this!

8. Mary Smith says:

Well done, Geoff. I’m looking forward to reading this. You’ve put me to shame, though, as my Goldfish memoir is nowhere near ready yet!

9. Erika Kind says:

Congratulations, Geoff! Here it is!! What a precious tribute and memorial you created with this.

10. Many congratulations, Geoff. Yes, count me in on a guest post over on my blog. Let me know what you have in mind and we can work something out.

11. Congrats on your new release, it’s a beautiful cover!

12. Yes!!! It’s out! I’m so excited for you. Will go download today. When is the paperback coming out? Geoff, this is wonderful. And that cover is GORGEOUS. I absolutely love it. Congrats!

I BV am delighted to let you know I have just bought this and look forward to reading it in full as soon as my kindle is charged up 💜💜💜💜 well done Geoff💜💜

14. I am definitely interested in your memoir, Geoff. I am slightly over-committed with book reviews for the next couple of weeks [me over-commit – never!] but this is on my list. Having just finished writing with my own mom, I am most interested in your writing process. Email me at sirchoc@outlook.com if you would like to guest post on robbiesinspiration.

15. JT Twissel says:

Congrats! I’d be happy to host you over at the Twissel blog. I think you have my email. If not, I think I may still have yours.

16. Crikey – Lookit you go!! It doesn’t seem that long ago you were wittering away at the editing process and now here it is! The cover design is stunning – Right there you’ve done your mum so proud!! Congratulations and hurrah!!

Love the cover, the synopsis and how you’ve shared your mom (and dad) with us here at your blog. Downloaded and looking forward to enjoying!

18. Annecdotist says:

Yay, go Geoff! And gorgeous cover.

19. Hi Geoff. How wonderful, please do consider yourself invited to do a guest post on my blog, I’d love it if you did. 🙂

20. trifflepudling says:

Excellent, really pleased for you! Very good luck re. its reception and sales.
    This old dear doesn’t have a Kindle, so I am looking forward to the issuing of the paperback version.

21. Congratulations, Geoff. I like the cover

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )