Annual Bloggers Bash – post scriptum

Well the 2018 Annual Bloggers Bash is done and dusted. With a few unfortunate last minute drop outs, and despite London Transport nearly giving me knipchens by not telling me that only a selection of trains were stopping at Turnham Green (seriously guys? call that a service? not so much driver-less as headless) we still managed a respectable 40 plus attendees. I’m greedy; I want more people to come and enjoy the day and with that in mind we asked people to complete a questionnaire on the day. Hopefully that feedback will let us improve the offering for the future.

The point of this post however is to express my gratitude to one truly splendiferous blogger and crafty person, Pauline King at the Contender Crafter. Now, Pauline decided that she wouldn’t be able to make the Bash due to the distance involved in travelling to it – she lives on the southern most tip of the South Island of New Zealand. So she sent me a gift of one of her beauteous light catchers to be used as a prize. Between us we decided the on the day competition would be to come up with the best collective noun for a group of bloggers. The competition was tough but, after a public voting round the clear winner was…

A Bloggle

The genius behind this inspiration is Lauren at Millys GuideΒ who will now have her own wikipedia entry as the creator of this perfect noun; both Pauline and I hope she enjoys her light catcher.

If you didn’t make it – and if not, why not? You not only missed out on this lovely gift opportunity but also goody bags organised by Suzie and a raffle with books as the prizes. These were all included in the initial ticket price and, well, frankly, with the added attraction of cakes from the ubiquitous Ritu, what more could you want?

Of course, good company. That, peeps, goes without saying.

This entry was posted in #bloggersbash and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to Annual Bloggers Bash – post scriptum

1. I will be there for next year!! Really bummed that I couldn’t make it for this one…adjusting to living on one income after moving across an ocean does make the purse strings a bit tighter :)…..but I am looking forward to the next one!!

2. Geoff, when do you think the dates for the Bash in 2019 will be published?. Believe it or not, people are already planning holidays for 2019 πŸ™‚

What a lovely gesture sending such a unique prize, and it went to a lovely young lady too. I would like to add to Geoff’s invitation to everyone do try and come to the next Bash you will be so welcome and you will not regret the effort. πŸ’œ I have been three times and each year gets better and that is completely down the brilliant committee.πŸ˜€πŸ’œ

P.s I am proud to be part of a Blogel πŸ’œ

5. And what a lovely bloggle we made on Saturday!!

Well done Lauren! Loving a Bloggle of Bloggers!!!
    And you know I’ll be there next year!!!

7. An excellent collective noun – a bloggle! So instead of ‘meet-ups’ and ‘gatherings’ and even ‘bashes’ we now have the opportunity to use ‘bloggles’ πŸ™‚ Excellent – I hope I remember to use it appropriately πŸ™‚ Sorry to hear that British Rail mucked you all about – but 40 sounds good to me. And of course there was the small matter of the Royal Wedding in competition with you……… A good reason for publishing that date early, just so the Royals know and can be cognisant! I just googled the word and see it has already been claimed – https://youtu.be/z-GELYbszDw So your winner won’t get her name in Wikipedia after all 😦

8. JT Twissel says:

I would have loved to come but alas, did not get my act together in time. Maybe next year.

9. Thanks Geoff, I enjoyed your recap, and the day, and will use the term Bloggle from now on! Well done Lauren for her creativity. Also Pauline is is a very generous blogger..

What a lovely gift from Pauline, and generous too. I love the competition and the winning word. How clever. Congratulations one and all, especially Milly.

11. I would love to attend the Bloggers Bash one year – I’m afraid the distance is just too much for now. I wish we could come up with an annex Bloggers Bash in NYC!

12. Sounds wonderful, as usual. Sorry to miss it. (Again.) Glad you all had a good time. See you one of these years!

β€˜Bloggle’ is hilarious. Great choice.

What a terrific prize! Pauline’s light catchers are magical. Bloggle is the perfect word. My regrets for not attending the bloggle, but I was cooking for my last chance 50th birthday party! One of these years you will rue the American Invasion!

14. LucciaGray says:

I hope to make it one year, maybe next time… Glad you all had fun!

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )