THE ANNUAL BLOGGERS BASH – STUFF YOU NEED TO KNOW

Are you coming to this year’s Bash? It’s on the 19th May and there are no competing attractions, however keen you are on Royal Weddings and FA Cup finals. I’m mean, seriously? Competition? Pah!

If not, why not?

Here’s where you can get tickets.

If you are booked, then this is what you need to know.

The Bash is held this year at The George IV pub in Chiswick. Here’s a link to said welcoming hostelry. We will take over the Boston Room for our glorious meet up.

The fun starts at 10.30 and runs until 4.30. Here’s a link to the agenda post with details.

Before I get into more details on travel and admin on the day there’s one big thing I’d like help with. As there will be a fair few of us coming and we are in a pub that serves food, the options for lunch are, as you will appreciate, tied to the Pub’s catering. With this in mind we have negotiated a short but succulent menu with both meat, non meat and vegetarian/vegan options which you will find by following this link.

If you want to wait, or go to one of the cafes/sandwich bars nearby that is, of course fine and you will see we have left space in the programme for this.

If you do order, like me, then on the day, Helen will be in charge of liaising with the pub to make sure your food is delivered to the table you’ve chosen. Please work with Helen as instructed to make this as simple as possible.

Now to travel. For those people, most of you I expect, who will be coming from central London, and probably a main line railway terminal, please note that , of course, London Underground are living up to the song of the same name, to the tune of the Going Underground by the Jam

You’ll guess what the bleeps are I’m sure.

Point is, there will be no District Line service between South Kensington and Turnham Green where you need to alight to get to the venue. However, in one of those serendipitous moments that happen to me, as in I had no idea when I found this pub, but the Piccadilly Line also calls at Turnham Green so, yipp-de-dodah, we can catch that instead. Just make sure you’re on it before or at South Kensington or, well, it’s the replacement bus service… and while I’m sure that will be fine, who on earth knows how long it might take. 2019 anyone?

The above shows you the route if you go to South Ken and change. I assumed a journey from Victoria, hence the 4 minutes at the start. If you want a guide you can use this ‘plan a journey link’.

If you are driving, the pub doesn’t have car parking but there is on street parking in the side streets nearby at, gulp, £1.20 an hour… phew! And you will have to pop out and shift the car at least once sadly… but

…there is a car park of sorts run by Eur Parks

but I don’t know the tariff. It is close by, however – see above map, it is on Chiswick Common Road.

Ok, so you have found your way to the front door and you hesitate. Will I be ok? Will they be nice? Is the bloody pub open yet?

Yes, to all of the above. Go in through the main double doors – as you face the pub these are the ones painted red in the middle – and you will be met by a hug and a grin, but, we are promised no shorts, that makes Hugh such a perfect meeter and greeter.

He will point you on your way but if he’s absent or tied up or he’s unfortunately tried to hug a member of staff unused to such a tactile Welshman and is embroiled in an imbroglio then look to your let and a sign, which really you can’t miss on a dark Thursday in Sidcup so you’ll have no problems here, sat

Garden

Now let’s be clear. We’re not holding this outdoors. Sure we are a rash bunch of ne’er do wells and numpties but outdoors in May? I think you not.

Nope, you pass through the ‘garden’ which you’ll realise is about as accurate as any David Davis statement on the Brexit negotiations, before entering

The Boston Room

What does that bring to mind? Stranglers? Red socks? Tea parties? It’s the Bash peeps. It’s where it happens.

Here, unless we’ve already captured your details because we’re so efficient, you will

1. register
  2. confirm your lunch order if any and be told by Helen how the arrangements will work on the day
  3. be pointed to the toilets and the bar
  4. be given a name badge
  5. be sold raffle tickets with fab prizes
  6. have the secret on the day competition explained to you – the prize is awesome and it is only available to attendees and is worth more than the ticket to the Bash.

It is entirely possible that we will only manage 1. and 4. before someone who knows you and has already gone through 1-7 leaps at you, squeals and drags you off.

As Doris said so eloquently

As I say there will be a manned bar in the room – I’m looking at you Lucy – where drinks are available as are beverages. Ideally you’ll order during the day but if you need to go to the main bar, then that’s easy too. Just make sure you’re back for Sacha’s bit; she really does like an audience.

We do have to vacate by 5 pm, but there are many eateries and the bar nearby to continue the love-in. It will be special. And there’s a  guarantee that the only royalty in attendance will be blogging royalty.

This entry was posted in #bloggersbash, miscellany and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

74 Responses to THE ANNUAL BLOGGERS BASH – STUFF YOU NEED TO KNOW

1. Have fun one and all! I

2. Miriam says:

Sounds like so much fun. I’ll be there in spirit. Enjoy 🙂

3. Ohhhh, this looks like so much fun. Every year I wish I could come across the pond and see my blogging pals. Maybe next year? In the meantime, I look forward to hearing all about it here and in the blogs of others. Nice directions, BTW.

4. Pingback: ANNUAL BLOGGERS BASH – STUFF YOU NEED TO KNOW – adamdixonfiction

5. Thanks so much Geoff!! This has made me so excited for the Bash 😀 I’m leaving Australia on Monday so it’s starting to feel very real to me. I can’t stop smiling as I read through all the instructions. I can’t wait to meet everyone!

6. scskillman says:

Sounds good, Geoff! Looking forward to meeting you all there on the day. Sheila xx

Not long getting really excited now 💜💜💜
    I sent you an email (I hope to the right email address) but there is no menu or way to order there is just your confirmed order. 😊😊😊💜

Reblogged this on willowdot21 and commented:
    All you need to know about the Bloggers Bash from the one and only Geoff Lepard 🍾😊💜

9. bwcarey says:

may the words of wisdom be with you all, amen

10. Pingback: THE ANNUAL BLOGGERS BASH – STUFF YOU NEED TO KNOW | But I Smile Anyway...

Well… you know exactly how I am feeling…
    Just a little excited, and slightly more nervous with that talk, but I’m ready to bake, and so looking forward to seeing you and all my Blogily again!!!
    Shared!

12. Erika Kind says:

Wow, this is a cool guide with all the needed information. You guys are getting better and better. I love the location and I saw you extended the Bash hours. What a mega event this is going to be…. sigh!!!

13. Erika Kind says:

Reblogged this on Erika Kind and commented:
    Awesome how the Blogger Bash committee is organized. All you need to know and how to get there in one amazing post!

14. April Munday says:

I think an early start to avoid the crowds will be called for.

15. olganm says:

It sounds great (apart from the underground shenanigans, but life is never perfect so…). Have a fabulous day!

16. Reblogged this on Stevie Turner, Indie Author. and commented:
    Thanks for the info, Geoff.

17. Just ordered my lunch. Do I need Helen’s email address? I don’t have it.

18. Reblogged this on Plaisted Publishing House and commented:
    Wish I could be there…..

19. Reblogged this on Thoughts by Mello-Elo and commented:
    Are you coming?

20. Widdershins says:

One of the best, ‘how-to’s I’ve read in a good long while! 😀 … hope you all have a blast.

21. trifflepudling says:

Not long now!
    When I was little, I used to think she was singing ‘Kay Sarah’ !

22. Reblogged this on I Write. I Read. I Review and commented:
    Two weeks TODAY!!!!!

23. Lorna says:

I officially can’t wait now. 🙂

24. Gregg Savage says:

Looks like it’s going to be a fantastic day! I’ll be tuning in to the Facebook feed to enjoy all the fun from the comfort of my kangaroo pouch in Australia!

25. Reblogged this on graemecummingdotnet and commented:
    Under ordinary circumstances, I would post this myself, but as the voice speaking here is so very clearly Geoff’s, I thought it only fair to share it this way. Enjoy people – and if you haven’t done anything about booking tickets for the Bloggers Bash, here’s one of your few remaining chances (it’s less than three weeks away now!).

26. Pingback: Everything You Need To Know About The 4th Annual Bloggers Bash – Hugh's Views & News

27. Sounds like you’ll have so much fun and a wonderful time. Shame I’ll miss this event…next time.

28. Reblogged this on Suzie Speaks and commented:
    It’s less than 2 weeks until the 4th Annual Bloggers Bash – here’s some info you need to know!

29. It looks like a wonderfully organised affair that should be top! Will be there in spirit- possibly you could all habe a few spirits for me 🍺🍺

30. Pingback: The Annual Bloggers Bash – The Details | Journey To Ambeth

31. Pingback: Hello, Sunshine! | Suzie Speaks

32. 😀 really looking forward to meeting everyone!!
    Great Tube info too!!

33. Thanks for the information, Geoff, have placed a food order. 🙂

34. Reblogged this on Write to Inspire and commented:
    Although I bought my ticket as soon as they became available, there is a chance that I may not be able to make it on Saturday. I’d say that it is about 50:50 at the moment. I’ll be sad if I can’t be there. There is no doubt in my mind that it will, as always, be a fantastic event!

If you’re reading this, and haven’t been to ABBA before, get your ticket now and go! I thoroughly recommend it. Great people, great discussions and lots of fun!

35. I know you are not a travel service but if someone (blonde) was coming from Paddington in such day and she had been sadly born without any travel sense what tubes should she use?

Ah ha. Tricky… darned tricky. Catch the pink/yellow lime which is the Hammersmith and city/circle line combo to Hammersmith. It’s a bit of a chore as it’s14 stops but the good news is that if you doze off you get off at the terminus at Hammersmith so you won’t sleep through your stop. There you need to change to the dark blue Piccadilly line toward Heathrow. This one is just a few stops and you alight at Turnham Green so no snoozing. When you get to the tube at Paddington don’t be put off by signs saying circle line closure. It’s a part closure and not the part you need to use.
      Word to the wise. The tube entrance at Paddington is a bit confusing. When you leave your train you naturally head for the tube entrances that are opposite the platform barriers, hidden amongst the shops like M&S and Boots. Wrong. Head for the walkway between platforms 8and 9 and the tube station up the stairs ahead of you. That’s the Hammersmith and city/circle line that you want. Then it should be easy to find a train to Hammersmith. Hope that helps Lucy

• thebeasley says:

Lucy- I need to get to Paddington on the journey home, so we could share a taxi? Or just keep each other company on the tubes x

36. Pingback: Meet The Bloggers Who Are Attending The 2018 Annual Bloggers Bash #BloggersBash – Hugh's Views & News

37. Pingback: Meet The Bloggers Who Are Attending The 2018 Annual Bloggers Bash #BloggersBash - Graeme Cumming

38. Pingback: Meet The Bloggers Who Are Attending The 2018 Annual Bloggers Bash #BloggersBash – adamdixonfiction

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

w