Batshit Bonkers #carrotranch #flashfiction

Charli Mills prompt this week is

April 12, 2018, prompt: In 99 words (no more, no less) write a story that includes a bat. You can use an association to the winged, cave-dwelling critter, or you can explore the word for other meanings. Bonus points for including a bat cave. Go where the prompt leads.

Belfries (Other Boxes Are Available) Or The Fine Art Of Cricket

‘Logan, explain cricket, will you? It’s driving me bats.’

‘Why, Morgan?’

‘My boss is taking me, ok.’

‘Right, you have two teams, ok?’

‘Uh huh. Got it.’

‘The team tosses a coin to see who bats…’

‘Bats? They’re the flying ones?’

‘No, moron, they’re wooden. So, one team bats. The batsman goes out to bat. He’s in until he’s out when he comes in until everyone’s out, and then they all go in to try and get the others out. You ok, Morgan. You look pale…’

‘It’s… someone mentioned ducks? Is that as well as bats or instead of ?’

This entry was posted in carrot ranch, cricket, miscellany and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to Batshit Bonkers #carrotranch #flashfiction

1. janmalique says:

The intricacies of cricket do the same thing to me…

2. LucciaGray says:

Cricket’s a mystery to me too😂 where fue the Duch a come from?

I know how Morgan feels 💜💜

4. Ha! Most sports sound that way to me, Geoff. Thanks for the lunchtime laugh. Hugs.

5. I had no clue about the scoring system in cricket and have even less now! 🤣🤣

I think they drove him batty!

7. Ah cricket! ❤ The only game I do understand ❤

8. So glad you explained this game to me, Geoff, and it only took 99 words. It is a game, right?

9. Anabel Marsh says:

I totally empathise with Morgan and, it would seem, so does everyone else.

Ha, ha! I’m afraid I’m a bit like Morgan when it comes to cricket.

Love it, Geoff. I know you love cricket. You’ve done an equal to “Who’s on first”. 🙂

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )