Scotland, at Easter was dry and blue.

Hereabouts it rather precipitated down and I came home to a small lake at the end of the garden, frogspawn on the lawn and the remnants of recent frosts apparent in some burnt leaves and stunted growth.

But today there’s a little sunshine, some heat and, remarkably, a fair bit of colour throughout.

Dog is feeling sprightly, I didn’t overdo the Easter chocolate and my latest book – Apprenticed To My Mother – is back from my editor and ready to go into the publishing straight of the marathon of book writing…

Indeed, so efficient have I been that I’m now looking for more beta readers, should any of you be interested.

This is the sequel to my first book, Dead Flies And Sherry Trifle and is called:

The Last Will Of Sven Andersen

If you are interested, especially if you read and enjoyed the first part of Harry Spittle’s adventures, then do let me know via the contact tab or in the comments.

It might be two or three weeks before I finalise the latest edit but thereafter I love your help.

Of course, if you’d like me to reciprocate, I’d be delighted.

And here, in case it helps tempt you, is the blurb

When Harry Spittle, nearly qualified as a solicitor is approached to make a Will for old acquaintance, Sven Andersen, he is surprised but rather pleased. When it turns out that the Will Sven actually signs is very different to the one Harry has drawn up, and Harry is to be the executor, he is horrified. When he finds out Sven has been in the process of winding up his late father’s criminal empire and a number of not very nice people are interested in the Will’s contents and, especially, who benefits, he is terrified.

If Harry is to remain in one piece, able to continue his career in the law and save his on-off girlfriend, Penny, who is under suspicion for murder, he needs to find out what has happened to the money and distribute it according to Sven’s wishes. The trouble is Sven has not only hidden the assets but also who benefits. Harry will have to solve the puzzle Sven has left with the help of his sister, Dina before the world comes crashing down on him. With so many people depending on him, Harry knows it is time for him to grow up; it’s just that he really, really doesn’t want to.

Set in 1981, to the backdrop of punk music, Thatcherite politics and an upcoming Royal wedding, not to mention the Ashes, this is a book for those who like their nostalgia served with a side of humour and a dash of optimism.

This entry was posted in Books, gardening, gardens, miscellany and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

41 Responses to Splish Splosh, Here Comes The Sun #garden #betareaders #thelastwillofsvenandersen

1. Darlene says:

The flowers are gorgeous. A nice backdrop for your writing news. I look forward to Apprenticed to My Mother. Last Will sounds great as well. There is no stopping you!

If I wasn’t in the throes of finishing this dang WIP I’d offer His Geoffleship! However I’m excited at the thought of it coming out soon !

3. Erika Kind says:

These photos are a dream! I am sitting next to the open patio door, listening to the birds, and feeling the warm spring sun on my skin… I could almost smell the flowers on the photos!

4. Anabel Marsh says:

Grey, windy and (on Monday) wet over Easter here! My friend went to Arran and experienced the conditions you did. You definitely went to the right bit.

5. JT Twissel says:

Gorgeous!!! I’m so jealous…

6. Wow, weren’t you the lucky lad to have such bonny weather! Love the flowers.

Everything in the garden looks amazing 🌹💜

8. Your garden looks so beautiful, Geoff, the pretty flowers and stunning colours. 🙂

9. I’m thrilled to hear you are collating the ‘Apprenticed to My Mother’ chapters and that Harry is getting ready for his second go-round. You aren’t letting the frog-spawn grow under your feet that’s for sure!! Well done to you sir!!

10. Your garden is looking lovely, Geoff. I just got back my edits for my new book so I am a bit snowed under with re-writes and work. I look forward to reading these books in due course though.

11. Rowena says:

Hi Geoffle,
    Would love to be a beta reader, especially if you can be patient. I’m not a fast reader and I’ll read it thoroughly. You can just email it through to me when you’re ready.
    Best wishes,
    Ro

12. Rowena says:

BTW forgot to mention how much I love your garden. My parents, who have quite a traditional English-style style garden have a number of these plants. You must be thrilled that Spring’s arrived. It’s still quite hot here and I’m preferring to walk in the late afternoon. We’ve now resorted to a Halti collar to contain the pups. Zac howled and put up great resistance but Rosie’s fine and hence got a walk with me tonight. Zac pulls too much and Lady keeps stopping to sniff and doesn’t do much to raise the heart rate.
    Best wishes,
    Ro

13. Your garden is looking good. Frogspawn on the lawn is amazing – could be a book title. Good luck with the new one

Oh, Geoff – a lake in the back garden and frogspawn in the lawn – not what anyone wants. That Beast from the East was rather beastly. I must say the flowers are rather magnificent though. I’m very excited to hear that the next story of Harry Spittle is close to ready. It sounds hilarious. I’d love to beta read it for you, but am not sure how quickly I’d get it done as I’m reading another at the moment. See how you go with other offers and call on me if you need.

Beautiful flowering which fits your blooming books! Send me your file when you are ready for beta-readers. I enjoyed DeadFlies and Sherry Trifle.

16. LucciaGray says:

I read and enjoyed Dead Flies and Cherry Truffle, so I wouldn’t mind beta reading the sequel. When do you need feedback by? Btw fabulous pics!

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

w