A Little Light Relief #carrotranch

Here’s the latest prompt from Charli Mills over at the Carrot Ranch

February 1, 2018, prompt: In 99 words (no more, no less) write a story that features something black and white. It could be a nun in a zebra monster truck, a rigid way of thinking, a bird in a tuxedo — be imaginative and go where the prompt leads.

A Couple of Jokers

‘An old joke, Logan. What’s black and white and red all over?’

‘No idea, Morgan.’

‘Go on, try.’

‘A liquidized nun.’

‘Geez, you’re one sick numpty. Come on.’

‘A Native American zebra.’

‘You can’t say that.’

‘A First People American Zebra.’

‘You’re not trying.’

‘Unlike you who’s very trying. I’m trying… to read the paper.’

‘Exactly. What’s black and white and red all over?’

‘There are days when I wonder if you are completely evolved. This gag passed me by.’

‘A newspaper.’

‘That’s it? Since when is a newspaper red… oh, geez. Red as in Read. Ha bloody ha!’

This entry was posted in carrot ranch, flash fiction, prompt and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to A Little Light Relief #carrotranch

An oldie but a goodie!

2. LOL. Thanks for the Tuesday chuckle, Geoff. Numpty… I haven’t heard that one. It shall be my word of the day. 😀 Hugs.

3. janmalique says:

Ah, getting nostalgic reading this.

Snigger 💜💜

5. Blimey! One day this joke will be a thing of the past – so it’s good to have the reminder caught and documented 🙂 Cleverly done sir!!

6. Cecilia says:

I love this one – and the dialog!

Nice to see the childish humour still lives on. 🙂

8. Wouldn’t have thought a new take on that possible 🙂

Oh, no — the black and white jokes! What’s black and white, black and white, black and white? A zebra rolling down a hill. Michael Fishman posted that one! These old jokes make me giggle.

10. Pingback: All Things Black and White « Carrot Ranch Literary Community

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )