August Colour #garden #flowers

I often think that our garden is at its best in Jun

when the colours are at their freshest and

sometimes, coming home from a holiday

however lovely that is

can be slightly disappointing when things seem overblown and blowsy

This year, though

there are a few splashes of colour

glimmers of hope that we’ve managed to eke out the seasons

and left ourselves some pluses to tick us into autumn

and the big tidy up of the autumn.

This entry was posted in miscellany. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to August Colour #garden #flowers

The pleasure of seeing a beautiful flower on bloom! 🏡🌸🌼🌻

2. Mary Smith says:

Lovely colours. Nice crop of tomatoes, too.

3. Loved getting to wander through your garden! Enjoy those ta-maters!

4. Beautiful flowers – and what a crop of tomatoes!

5. The garden looks gorgeous, Geoff, so pretty πŸ™‚

6. Allie P. says:

To repeat – your garden is gorgeous!

7. JT Twissel says:

I’m so jealous!

Woo! Such wonderful photos Geoff. πŸŒΉπŸ’œπŸ’œ

9. You have a lovely garden! What great photos, too. I’m glad you returned home to some beautiful color.

10. I LOVE your garden posts. Wandering through your garden, no matter what the season, is a delight. (What are those red and purple flowers?) Beautiful! 🌼 🌸

Your garden is an art gallery, Geoff!

12. Rowena says:

Wow, Geoff! Your garden is amazing. Such a lush floral jungle is all the positive sense of the word. I usually long for a twig of green around here in Drought Central, located on sandy soil…the benefits of living so close to the beach.
    I spotted Cosmos in the mix. Does it behave itself for you? I planted it in our garden and loved it at first, but the following year it had self-seeded and taken over the place. Huge stalks of cosmos, loomed over the garden dripping with tendrils ready to take root. I’ve always thought Cosmos has a certain triffid quality about it.
    I also noticed the sunflower. I am about to plant my third roud of sunflower seeds from the MH17 crash site. They look more like gerberas. A friend of mine commented that many parents have disappointing offspring. The lad just said they were “Moon Flowers”, NOT sunflowers because they were the exact opposite.
    Take care and happy raking.
    Best wishes,