Bloggers Bash 2017 – an update

I spoke to the hotel we are using for this year’s Bash and they told me they are calling it ‘An International Blogging Conference’.

Super cool, eh? Though the Boss, Her Sachaness , wants ‘Bash’ because, well, she does so that’s that then.

Anyhoo I’m here for three reasons:

One… So why haven’t you bought you ticket yet? You know who you are. The one at the back looking sheepish. Yes, you Lozenge Minor. I mean you. Stop mewling boy and buy your ticket. Of course you’ll enjoy it. It’s made of ice cream, like last year’s Bash only with added sprinkles. And fairy dust.

For all the Lozenge Minors out there, tickets cost £10 each and can be purchased by clicking here.

Two, nominations have closed and we’ve had LOADS… I mean they can be seen from space they are so HUGE…

Some of you puppies have been nominated for more than one award which is kinda of neat and all…

… except you can’t be. Her Whipness decreed only one per person and stop jostling Lozenge, boy, or it’ll be another detention. Which means we will be emailing you over the next couple of days to ask you to choose which award you’d like to be nominated for. You’ll then have until

Sunday 14th May 7pm (BST)

to choose which you want to try for. If anything fails – we get the email wrong, we’ve been given the wrong address, you don’t see the message, it goes to spam, you fail to reply in time, Donald Trump sacks the Boss (stop it)…

WE WILL CHOOSE FOR YOU

We’d love to give you a  right of appeal, the chance to bribe us, to flood the net with gratuitous compliments, but we don’t have time. Soz and all that but, hey, suck it up, ok?

Third and, well tickle me pick Captain Scott, this is where we are going.

Smart eh? It has its own monogrammed cloud that floats above the entrance, dappling the guests in a sepulchral ambience. For those who like to note these things this is the address. The Wellington Suite in the Grange Wellington Hotel. 71 Vincent Square, Westminster, London SW1P 2PA on Saturday 10th June 2017.

It’s super convenient too, being a couple of stone throws and a gnats’ widdle from Victoria Station. This is Victoria. Meah, moving on…

I will be updating you on the route but here are a few local highlights.

And finally, as a real teaser here is a Goad plan. A who? A wotsit?

Victoria Goad 1

Okay, if you’ve never worked in commercial property in the UK that sentence is about as enlightening as the George Bush Dictionary of Compound Adjectives. It’s a street map centred on a commercial district – in this case Victoria station – showing all the retail occupiers. So if you’re after a snack and prefer Costa to Pret then this will direct you.

Aren’t I good?

We’ve also put together a FAQ for the event, which you can view hereso if you have any questions, check out the FAQ first. However, don’t hesitate to ask any questions if you can’t find what you’re looking for.

We’ve also gone social media mad so don’t forget to join the bloggers bash Facebook group, follow us on Twitter, and use the hashtag #bloggersbash. You can also follow us over on Flipboard.

This entry was posted in #bloggersbash and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

79 Responses to Bloggers Bash 2017 – an update

1. Thanks for all the info, Geoff. I am still squirming a bit as have no definite decision on whether or not I am able to come yet!

2. When I think that this all started out as a tentative meet-up between a handful of bloggers! I’m proud of you all, and wish I could be there.

3. Allie P. says:

I’m so very excited as I know this Bash/Conference is going to be the best yet (it has to be, as I don’t volunteer to be hassled by the TSA for just anything or anyone). Congrats in advance to all who are nominated.

Brilliant, brilliant not long now. Please sir can be excused, I need the toilet!! And Lozenge Minor keeps pulling my plaits! 🎆🎈💜💝😊🤗

Sooooo excited! But then you know that His Geoffleship!!!

6. Pingback: Bloggers Bash Updates grom His Geoffleship | But I Smile Anyway...

7. susielindau says:

I’m coming from Colorado with my husband, Danny, so the International moniker is LEGIT!
    Thanks for the info. I will elbow that lozenge lurking the back so he buys tickets.

8. Well I’m excited too… and thanks for the update Geoff, and all the photos you are organised. 🙂

9. Ali Isaac says:

Geoffle you are tip top and in fabulous working order! Love the post! Looking forward to seeing everyone! 😊😙😍

Reblogged this on willowdot21 and commented:
    I can’t contain myself!! 😱🎆🎆🎆🎆

11. LucciaGray says:

Thank you for all the info and your organisational skills and time:) I’m excited to be going, well I have my ticket, but not my flight. I have a small family issue yo sort out but I’m 90% sure I’ll be there.

12. Reblogged this on Smorgasbord – Variety is the spice of life and commented:
    Before I close up for the evening here are the details for the #BloggersBash.. with photographs of the venue and directions to get there.. plus a little prod from Geoff Le Pard about buying your tickets.. I have had mine for weeks.. have my flight and hotel booked.. what’s your excuse… see you there.

13. I’d love to come, I can just about afford the 10 quid for entry. I figure if I set off now and walk and swim at a steady pace I might get there in time for the 2027 Bash, save me a ticket. In the meantime, have fun! (I know you will)

14. Ruth says:

Oooh, are there still tickets left? I’d thought I wouldn’t be able to attend this year, but it seems I may be able to come after all 🙂

15. dgkaye says:

Hilarious and informative Geoff. I’m still crossing fingers. 🙂

Keep up the fantastic work of keeping this going because one year I will get there!

17. Reblogged this on writerchristophfischer and commented:
    A must event for UK bloggers

18. I am so jealous! It looks and sounds so awesome.

19. Knees too knackered know, Geoff. I wish everyone well

20. olganm says:

I’ve also been waiting as I wasn’t sure if I’d be in the UK or not. Unfortunately, it looks as if I won’t be back until the end of June or beginning of July, so I’ll miss it again. It looks great and I hope you have all a great time.

21. Reblogged this on Don Massenzio's Blog and commented:
    Here are some exciting updates on the Blogger Bash from Geoff Lepard’s blog

22. Rowena says:

Wow! The Bloggers’ Bash has really come along. I have been nominated this year, which is exciting, which feels a bit like an express train zooming through the station. Huh??? On a personal level, I’ve been really stoked to have the local radio station respond so enthusiastically to my blog. It’s hard to believe Julie Goodwin Masterchef has not only been in my kitchen as a result but we’ve cooked together.
    Good luck with managing all the work involved. It’s much appreciated even though I can’t make it. It really helps to elevate blogging as a quality writing format.
    xx Ro

I’m very envious of your cooking fun
      My daughter would die of that happens to me

• Rowena says:

I’m surprised my daughter hasn’t died from embarrassment.
        It was fun having Julie over and her visit just happened to coincide with the latest season of Masterchef. My cooking ability always soars when that’s on every year. It’s like a huge kick in the backside to make more effort and shift out of my complacency. I made hasselback potatoes from her cookbook and made my own dish of perch pan fried in raspberries and lemon juice with a dash of honey and chopped macadamia nuts for a bit of salty “crunch”.
        Hope you have a great weekend.
        xx Ro

I’m drooling…

23. So cute for Sue, that’s in Vincent Sq!
    Where are the nominees?

24. Helen Jones says:

V. Excited to be attending an International Blogging Conference! It’s come a long way from the table at Pizza Express, that’s for sure 😀

25. Pingback: Want to know what’s happening at the #BloggersBash? Here’s the Agenda. | aliisaacstoryteller

Looking forward to your how to get there post now His Geoffleship!
    Just looking at my train times! Oh soooo exciting!