I stopped doing Blog Awards a while ago; I didnt go for the nomination stuff. They often included some questions about yourself and whatnot. But as I’m away and this is pre-done I can pretend I’m not really doing it as a result (or something like that). So this came from Willow so you know who to blame…
1. Share your profile picture if you have one.
I have so many… here are a few I’ve used
2. Who are you named after? Geoffrey Chaucer; either my parents wanted me to write or they expected me to speak in undiluted Anglo-Saxon – possibly both are now true as a potty-mouthed author…
3. Do you like your handwriting? Oh come off it; I’m a 60 year old male ex lawyer; it would be more readable if I spat at the page
4. Longest relationship? Erm, 230 miles when I was the New Forest and the Textiliste in Norwich. We wrote to each other weekly and when we could get hold of the home phones without anyone else listening played Art Garfunkel to each other. Probably moving in together save us from being obliged by our neighbours to form a suicide pact. If you mean years, 40 this month.
5. Do you still have your tonsils? Yep; unlike the Archaeologist who, on the point of discharge from having his removed, bit through a thermometer and had to stay in. He swore it was an accident but since he had endless supplies of ice cream I have my doubts
6. Would you bungee jump?
7. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
There were certain crimes, which, as a child, you dared not commit: not finishing your food; using too much toilet paper; writing on your face; and taking off your shoes without untieing them. I am congenitally incapable of not untieing them; my spleen would rip itself out if I tried.
8. Favorite ice cream? I’m having a thing with salted caramel just now – it’s not serious, more a one tub stand. Long term I’m pretty faithful to vanilla though I tend to be a brand-man: as a child it was Walls, not Lyons Maid; now it is Haagen Daz not Ben & Jerry’s.
9. What is the first thing you notice about people? Whether they’re looking at me like I owe them something.
10. Football or baseball? Apples and pears, old thing. Football or cricket might be a comparison in which event, cricket of course. But the suspicion is the question involves America’s domestic sports, which would be like being asked to choose between a dental or prostate check up…
11. What color pants are you wearing? Nope not saying, save I wear them on the outside on Thursdays at my Superhero’s Coffee mornings. If this one of those separated by a common language thingies and we are talking trousers then currently black.
12. Last thing you ate? I was assured it was cow but these days I’m just grateful if it once roamed
13. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? I think of myself as more of a propelling pencil sort of guy, always sticking my nose in places and risking having it broken off
14. Favorite smell? Home
15. Who was the last person you spoke to on the phone? Someone who was adamant I had had a car accident in 2015 involving a green Kia
16. Hair color? I’m not much troubled by hair, frankly at least not cranially. Beard wise I think you might say ‘light badger’
18. Favorite foods to eat? my last supper has always been Baked potato, cheese and beans with a mixed salad and a cup of strong tea
19. Scary movies or happy endings? Sucker for a happy ending
21. Favorite Holiday? Any that (a) involves my family and (b) doesn’t involve me organising it
22. Beer or Wine? Happily teetotal; invite me to your parties, your guests will love me being able to drive them home
23. Night owl or early bird? At 60 I’m a bit of both mostly because the afternoons are available to catch up
24. Favorite day of the week? All of them
24 1/2. Which three of your favorite bloggers you would like to know more about? This is where I move on, nothing to see; I really don’t like this bit for all sorts of reasons
25. Who were the latest three people to follow your blog (link to their about page)? And since I’m preposting this I really can’t say…. ha, cop out
That was fun, for me. You can wake up now, press like because you know you want to and go and re-watch the video… yep that little fat bucket of a man is me