I know I shouldn’t…. But You Should… #bloggersbash #competition

I love cake. It’s always been my default treat but over the last 6 months I’ve cut down. Not entirely sure why. In part it could be because I recently enjoyed my BIG 6.0 birthday and this was the cake

2016-11-27-02-48-01

Leaving aside the rather dodgy way the head is tilting (the inappropriate humorist in me thought: ‘ah ha the ISIS on the cake’) the thing is it was HUGE. Even for my ravenous cake mad family. So I’m in a dilemma. How do I make sure something so marvellous isn’t wasted? I want to enjoy it over and over. You just do, don’t you?

It’s the same with the Bloggers Bash. We want to keep enjoying it, make sure we extract every juicy morsel from it. That’s why we’ve upped the ante and introduced a

COMPETITION

You may have seen Sacha ‘Call Me Sir’ Black’s post on the subject. Here’s a nice little link.

The Bloggers Bash Blog Post Competition 2017

Okay, so there are some rules. Word count, must be in a blog post but the one that you must get your heads around is the

CLOSING DATE

1st March 2017 People.

And like with cake there are sumptuous surprises, all so unexpected so the entrance fee is worth it (yep, okay a kind of catch, like the icing on mine – I’m not big on slabs of green sugar, TBH – but the money goes to make sure the Bash itself is the best it can be. Really.)

So, go on, enter away. It’s dead simple, you’ll love it whatever you blog about and you’ll get loads of prizes. And if you come to the Bash itself on

10th June 2017

I may even bake you the cake of your choice….

Okay, I know you want to know what I did with so much leftover cake. Initially I froze it in slabs – it’s carrot cake, basically. Then, when the moment was right I:

• pulled the slabs out
  • defrosted them until I could crumble them up
  • forked into the crumbs a tub and a bit of cream cheese – a matter of choice but it has to be enough to enable you to roll the crumb/cheese mix into small balls
  • rolled out the little balls
  • rechilled said balls in teh fridge for a short while
  • melted some chocolate (I used plain, milk and white) but again your call, just use decent chocolate
  • using two skewers turned the cake balls until covered in chocolate
  • tossed some in desiccated coconut
  • and laid them out on a sheet of grease-proof paper
  • before popping back in the fridge to set

20170203_160145

Tada!! Chocolate cake truffles to die for.

20170203_160501

Which if they last you can refreeze until you need them.

Much like Sacha….

This entry was posted in #bloggersbash, cake, cooking, food, miscellany and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

41 Responses to I know I shouldn’t…. But You Should… #bloggersbash #competition

Ha ha!!! Now that was inventive!!!!!

2. stevetanham says:

You’re just deviant, Geoff! Loves the ‘Isis on the cake’ very droll…

3. trifflepudling says:

With his lop-sided head he looks like Alastair Cook probably feels right now!

4. Erika Kind says:

Wow, what a great idea!!! That is what I call “recycling”!

5. Nothing like adding a little sugar to the sugar. A nifty way to save cake and making it bite sized. Happy 60th Birthday belatedly. They just keep getting better.

6. Mary Smith says:

Sounds yummy – very inventive.

7. Very clever, and poor Sacha !

8. Mmmmm cake! Mmmmm chocolate! Mmmmm cake and chocolate ❀

What a clever idea what yummy looking cakes…. what would the parents made of them I wonder !! ❀

10. Always a treat to learn something new. I’ll have to remember this when I’m forced to bring leftover cake home to die in the freezer. Talk about recycle. πŸ˜€

11. dgkaye says:

Yum! Looks delish! Happy 6 0 Geoff! You’re as young as you feel! πŸ™‚

12. noelleg44 says:

Do make these for the BB! Congrats on reaching 60 – hope your birthday was fun, youngster!

13. A timely reminder – must get my post written and submitted.
    Personally, I don’t mind what colour my sugar is, so I’d have just eaten the cake as it was. Clearly, you have a greater sense of sophistication than me, Geoff. Very creative.
    And it’s nice that you can find wordplay that satisfies the sick of mind

14. I’ve only ever recycled a swiss roll, but that’s another story. Your cake truffles look very mouthwatering, Geoff. I can see Mary Berry taking a few lessons from you.

15. Elissaveta says:

“If they last you can refreeze”? Puh-lease!
    Love the topic of the competition! Having just blogged about encounters, maybe I should try my hand at writing about connections.

16. Sacha Black says:

YOU. Boy, you in all kinds of trouble now…!