Revenge is a Dish Best Served Posthumously #poem #poetry #prompt

Jane D daybreak

In truth the older that I get

I do regret

Another daybreak

Such a butt ache.

It seems to me as time speeds past

Another breakfast

More eggs on toast

Less me, more ghost.

No one sees the beardy old fool

Splattered with drool

I’m filled with tea

It makes me pee.

The joke is mine; when all is said

And I am dead

They’ll not bear it

Cat will inherit.

Jane Doughtery’s poetry prompt this week is a minute. The theme is daybreak. As usual I’ve broken the rules, and added a fourth stanza. I have followed the rhyming scheme though. Here’s her prompt is you are game for a go.

This entry was posted in poems, poetry, prompt and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Revenge is a Dish Best Served Posthumously #poem #poetry #prompt

1. Feel free to break rules if it works. This one needs the last stanza to finish it off. Literally 🙂

2. Autism Mom says:

Lol, lucky kitty! There’s no dignity in those golden years!

I comment light-heartedly, but in truth this caught me with its depth and resonance: “Less me, more ghost.”

3. Erika Kind says:

Always break the rules when it turns out like this, Geoffle!

😉 love these little snips at life!

5. noelleg44 says:

Great job! Breaking the rules works for you!

6. jan says:

Brought a smile to my face – very clever!

7. Pingback: Poetry challenge Daybreak: the entries – Jane Dougherty Writes