The Sea and Santa #poem #poetry

The Rondolet is the latest poetry form sprung on us by Jane Doughtery here, with this picture as a prompt.

jane d prompt boat rondolet

Necessarily I went straight of piste with this one

When Santa doesn’t come

Every Christmas Day, I cry

When Santa doesn’t come

My brother says ‘you’re really dumb’

Dad drinks gin and mummy sighs

And lunch is carrot soup and one mince pie

When Santa doesn’t come.

Nothing to do with the picture but still, I then did this one, for Jane (she’s very strict)

The sea is very rough

I think my sister’s about to chunder

The sea is very rough

I know by that sticky sounding cough

You think she’s going to split asunder.

Oh good god I think we’re going under

The sea is very rough

but, in truth I prefer the first.

This entry was posted in poems, poetry, prompt and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to The Sea and Santa #poem #poetry

I rather liked the first one!

2. I like the second one. Love the idea of your sister splitting asunder 🙂

3. M. L. Kappa says:

The seconds not bad at all either…

4. Mick Canning says:

I like them both!

5. LOL. You’re a riot, Geoff. Yes, I like the first one too. I’m no kind of poet — I couldn’t have managed anything at all. Happy weekend hugs!

6. jan says:

I like them both! Good job!

7. Nothing wrong with either one, but I DO like the first one more. 😀

8. noelleg44 says:

Lovely painting, but I’m with you – I prefer the first poem. Great job, Geoff!

9. Erika Kind says:

I love both in their different ways!

10. Sacha Black says:

*cough* the first *cough*

11. Pingback: Poetry challenge Red boat: the entries – Jane Dougherty Writes

12. Hm, I must say I like them both! But the second one is more powerful, for sure=)

13. I like the second one best. It made me laugh out loud…

14. Kat Myrman says:

If you were taking a poll Geoff, I would vote for the second…the idea of sea sickness made me laugh! 🙂