The Mysterious Puddle #poetry #poems #prompt

This poem is a trilonnet, with this picture as the prompt. The first line has to start with ‘The Light is gone…’

Jane D drowned_leaves

The light is gone I dropped the match

In that puddle by the door

That Fido left, his parting gift.

In the dark I can’t find the latch

I’ve banged my face, my nose is sore

My shoes are soaked with canine piss.

Of course I’m mad. If I can catch

That scuzzy mutt, I’ll make quite sure

His mark again, he will not miss.

It’s not his fault? I don’t quite see?

I’m to blame? I spilt my tea?

Buggeration.

Blame Jane Doughtery, here, for this. It’s her prompt.

This entry was posted in poems, poetry, ponds, prompt and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to The Mysterious Puddle #poetry #poems #prompt

OH! this is so funny…. very ‘ old curmudgeon ‘ Me thinks there must of been a lot of whisky in the tea.! No you don’t drink…………
    Leaves quietly watching were she puts her feet!! 😉

😂😂😂 poor Fido!!!

3. Rowena says:

HA!…from me but a “Grr! Everyone always blames the God…from Bilbo.

I found a great foodie blog tonight and thought you might nenjoy it. Well, you’re at least in London and can try out these places. https://thefoodiediaries.co/2016/06/18/top-tips-from-taste-of-london-2016/

xx Rowena

4. I wrote a comment for this and it got lost—had half an eye on the match. Can’t remember exactly but it was something about dogs and cats and the little gifts they leave for us.

5. jan says:

Haha! Nicely done.

6. Allie P. says:

Love it. Both the picture as well as the verse.

7. ellenbest24 says:

The picture is super the trill a hoot. 😇

8. Sacha Black says:

Lol. Like this, cause it made me giggle!

9. Pingback: Poetry challenge Drowning leaves: the entries – Jane Dougherty Writes

10. Made me smile, neatly done.

11. I loved this! A terrific twist on Jane’s challenge.