I’m generally a happy cove, trying to see the bright side in things. I’m not sure I’m a half full guy, either preferring a completely full approach to things. I mean if you’ve got a bottle then fill it; no half measures.
I’ve also weaned myself off awards and stuff on this blog. All sorts of reasons. And I’m not changing. Nope this is the exception that proves the rule, in the sense of the exception tests the rule not in the sense that it shows that a general rule exists… what am I on about? Not sure. Being happy? Yes!!
So then Ritu at But I Smile Anyway puts me up for a Happiness Tag cos I make her smile. Now that is so nice. I had to go along with it, didn’t I?
Well tags, awards whatevers mean you have to say stuff, in this case 5 things that make you happy and 5 songs that make you happy. So what do we have? I wonder what these say about me?
Five things to make me happy
- cake, not chocolate cake – is that sacrilege? Chocolate in cake is chocolate wasted in my book.
- train journeys – not commuting though. That is the travel equivalent of a prostate exam.
- successfully completing a DIY job – I have had so many disasters that the euphoria I experienced recently when I fixed the toilet flush was up there with a girl (any girl in truth – we are going back a ways) saying yes to a date and me passing my A levels that enabled me to leave home and go to Uni.
- pressing ‘publish’. That was batshit scary but when it was done did it feel GOOOOOOOOD!
- being me, being alive; frankly everyday is a Saturday full of possibilities and an opportunity to spend time filling my head with more memories
Five songs (cheese warning): in selecting these there is no question that the quality is rubbish but I smile when they come on the radio, ipod, etc
- If You Leave Me Now by Chicago – always associated in my head with my first date with the Textiliste
- Goodbye to Love by the Carpenters – my first band crush
- Smoke on the Water by Deep Purple: the first concert I went to – tinnitus for a week but worth it
- Little Boxes by Pete Seager – don’t ask, but it takes me back to the 60s and my dad moaning at ‘modern music’ yet singing along to this
- Coldplay – anything really. She loves them, we love them and Dog is named after an album.
We were lucky enough to go to their recent concert at Wembley and here are a couple of clips I took as I danced along in the stands.
Before I get to that though the tag suggests you name five bloggers who make you smile. Difficult in that a lot do. The best I can do is to say I follow you guys for a reason so I’m not limiting myself. You all make me smile in your many different ways and if you’d like to be happy and tell us then please do so.