Stoned #writephoto

Sue Vincent’s visual prompt is this, this week

Sue Vincent prompt 31 March

And here’s my take

Stoned

‘Jim? Are you there?’

‘I’ve no idea. I think I’ve gone blind.’

‘Can’t you see?’

‘I don’t want to see. I think the sun will permanently damage my brain if I open my eyes.  Geez. Steve, what happened last night?’

‘You don’t remember?’

‘Was there a man in a hat?’

‘Yes. Any more?’

‘He took a fancy to me?’

‘Not exactly. You rescued him and he was very grateful.’

‘I did?’

‘Yes.’

‘Oh. Ok. Makes me a hero then.’

‘Maybe we can come back to that. What else?’

‘Steve, I’m not sure I can open my eyes.’

‘We will come back to that as well. What about the man in the hat?’

‘He promised me the earth.’

‘Can you be a little more precise?’

‘Bloody hell, Steve. I feel like I’ve a tonne of granite on my head and you want precision.’

‘That’s the third thing we will park. And you said?’

‘He said, ask anything and it shall be yours and I said… I said…’

‘Yes?’

‘I wanted us to off our faces and stoned forever.’

‘I thought that was it. Well, the good news is you got your wish.’

‘There’s bad news?’

‘The man in the man was Literalist Leprechaun.’

This entry was posted in #writephoto, miscellany, photo challenge, prompt and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to Stoned #writephoto

Strangely compelling Geoffles! !!!

2. Sue Vincent says:

Reblogged this on Daily Echo and commented:
    Geoff take on this week’s photo prompt…

3. Sue Vincent says:

Be careful what you wish for… 😉 Thanks Geoff 🙂

4. Fiona says:

The mind boggles. Hahaha!

5. gordon759 says:

Surely you know that standing stones are mostly petrified people, I know of a wedding party, fiddlers, dancers, and a treacherous king and his disloyal knights.
    The rest were usually thrown by the devil, who has incredible lifting power, and generally a very bad aim.

6. Gordon’s take is probably how your folk got into their pickle – the Devil in disguise! Note to self: clarify all synonyms when making wishes!

7. Judy Martin says:

HAHA! Lovely twist there Geoff! 🙂

8. Susanne says:

This gives new life to the old chestnut “stone-faced”. I enjoyed the humour very much.

9. Hilarious if completely bonkers, Geoff. And there is definitely a face on the left stone.Jx

10. macjam47 says:

LOL! I can always expect a fab twist at the end from you, Geoff.

11. jademwong says:

Oh gosh…I suppose be careful what you ask for, eh? Humorous story!

12. Pingback: Photo prompt round-up – Captured #writephoto | Daily Echo

13. I wasn’t expecting that one 🙂 Maybe if they could just get to their phones…

14. KL Caley says:

Haha! Excellent twist. There is a reason people sense magic in these ancient places… lol! Great Job, Geoff! KL ❤