Wombattered

In Hugh’s weekly piccy challenge he asks

Choose a photo that you’ve taken that shows something or someone in the wrong position

This one fails on two counts. First, I  didn’t take it – it was sent to me by the Vet from a holiday in Australia with the Pest Controller. Second the object in question – the wombat – is in the intended position, at least at the time the pose was being considered, it’s just that… well, see for yourself.

The happy twosome loved the cute chubby cheeked marsupial and, as you’ll see, are focused on mimicking it facial pouches in the shot. Somehow the keeper, who had to know full bloody well what was about to happen, is managing to hold it in check.

But, hey, this complies with the laws of family exploitation: rule 1: never embarrass the family unless, rule 2: it’s far too good an opportunity to miss.

wombat

And if you’ve not seen this yet: true facts about marsupials, well, enjoy

This entry was posted in challenge, miscellany, photo challenge and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to Wombattered

1. Marsupials seem to have been used by Nature as trial runs for all sorts of weird experiments. What that particular one was meant to achieve, I’m not sure.

2. rgemom says:

Hahahahahahahaha

3. That video was hilarious – I’m going to make a job of it and watch all of his stuff 🙂 I’m not sure you are right about the keeper knowing though – after all, he is obviously an Aussie ………..

PS I adore wombats, they are wonderful creatures and I’m pretty sure my Siddy is part wombat!

Too funny!!! I can’t find a photo!!! Not to say I don’t have any, but I tend not to post photos of my kids… so that narrows things down!!!

5. Autism Mom says:

Poor little wombat exploited for things he can’t help (and the Vet and Pest Controller, too). 😉

6. jan says:

Poor lil guy!

7. Thanks for that, Geoff. 🙂

8. Ali Isaac says:

Haha Geoff! 😁😂😄

9. davidprosser says:

Beaut, as our Australian family would say, though hearing that it has two penises and knowing the propensity of animals to do what’s not wanted, I dread the outcome for the kidlings who are in the target area.
    Hugs

10. For some reason, that photo reminds me that I need to buy some more Cadbury’s Creme Eggs!
    I hope you don’t embarrass the Vet too much by bringing this photo out at Christmas time?

11. jennilepard says:

Glad I could provide such comedy gold

12. roweeee says:

That poor wombat should go and consult Tony Abbott for a pair of budgie smugglers before he next goes out and flashes his wares!

13. Sacha Black says:

Hahahaha this just give me a right laugh

Everyone looks happy so that’s all that matters! 😀

15. Pingback: Hugh’s Weekly Photo Challenge: Week 15 – Under | Hugh's Views & News