Rusty

Hugh at Hugh’s Views and News asks for something rusty for this weeks photo. I’m going personal this week (when don’t I?)

My earliest pet memory is of our family Boxer, called Rusty who died when I was about four. Her son, Punch was a constant until I was about 16. There are loads of pictures of Punch but I have only found one of Rusty. Hopefully Hugh will forgive any subversion of his rules.

2014-07-17 17.18.06

I have shared this before and the question was posed: why’s he holding a box of matches? According to the only other survivor of the picture, the Archaeologist, it was to keep me quiet and focused on the photographer. Meanwhile Rusty does not look happy and it appears only the Archaeologist’s calming paw stroke is stopping her from eviscerating the paparazzi.

This entry was posted in challenge, photo challenge and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

32 Responses to Rusty

What a great memory, and take on the prompt!

2. jan says:

We had a brindle boxer growing up. Great dogs!

3. Adorable picture. ☺

4. What is that saying ……….. ‘A picture is worth a thousand words’ ? I thought the look on your baby face and Rusty the Brindle’s face are quite similar …………… Whereas the Archaeologist is showing a certain amount of savoir faire even at this young age………. A great response to a prompt!!

5. Sacha Black says:

U actually haven’t changed a bit!

6. I believe I was one of those asking about the box of matches. 😝 Great take on the photo prompt (no pun intended).

7. I actually think this a great twist for the challenge, Geoff. You’re the first to go with something completely different. I suppose I could have included a picture of ‘Rusty’ from my short story, but she’s rather shy.
    Thanks for participating.

8. Fantastic photo Geoff, full of character, such expressions, and the matchbox an interesting addition..

Love this. Great photo!! Are you still a pyromaniac !!

10. trifflepudling says:

Somebody has lovingly knitted those jumpers!

11. Pingback: Hugh’s Weekly Photo Challenge: Week 12 – Games | Hugh's Views & News

12. This photo is great! I love the calming touch on the dog’s paw and the fact that you are holding matches – matches – of all things! What a great time capsule this is!

I’m holding a pack of cigarettes in a photo at age 18 months. We could have been great friends.