Lumiere

I’m not sure if these pictures and video clips will do justice to the light festival that has meant central London has ground to a halt for the last four days but I offer my clips of The Lumiere. I only visited the displays around Oxford Circus, Piccadilly and Leicester Square so missed out on the King’s Cross and West End elements. And I only ever use my Samsung Galaxy S6.

So with those caveats…

2016-01-16 18.08.35

2016-01-16 18.51.02 2016-01-16 18.56.22 2016-01-16 19.02.54 2016-01-16 19.08.16 2016-01-16 19.16.56 2016-01-16 18.51.16 2016-01-16 18.51.21 2016-01-16 18.51.39

This entry was posted in London and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

47 Responses to Lumiere

1. colinandray says:

Creativity knows no boundaries but then, isn’t that how it should be? 🙂

2. blondeusk says:

Lovely! Beautiful lights!

3. Yvonne says:

It looks good here, so I’m sure it must be amazing in real life!

4. gordon759 says:

Looked amazing, I really liked the walking woman and the elephant in the room.

5. What imagination. Thanks for sharing. 🙂 The videos and photos are ‘illuminating.’ (Sorry, can’t help myself). 😀 😀

6. Sacha Black says:

Awesome sauce. I wanted to go visit, so thanks for the photos. That Elephant made me giggle, if only it were a shark – would have been just like Back to the Future!

7. Ah, the elephant in the room! It’s wonderful to get a little glimpse of what is going on Geoff. Of course I thought how amazing that so many people are on the streets at midnight ……… then I realised it was probably only 4.00 in the afternoon 🙂

8. You captured quite a bit there. I love the elephant. 💖

9. rgemom says:

I love it!! How beautiful!!!

10. esthernewton says:

Wow! What a stunning sight. Great to see the pics 🙂

11. The first time I miss living in Horse and Dolphin Yard

12. davidprosser says:

Well taken pictures Geoff though obviously we don’t get the full atmosphere. Great Elephant.
    Hugs

Thanks for sharing, Geoff. It looks amazing. I particularly like the woman walking – so clever, and the elephant.

14. It’s almost like Christmas all over again! What great displays. I’ve chosen my outfit for the bash 🙂

15. Lisa Reiter says:

Nice to have look see. Missed the opportunity and it was chucking it down with all that rain at the time I might have got there. It looks magical!

16. jan says:

How fun! Playful and joyful, I’d say!

17. Ali Isaac says:

Stunning, Geoff, I would have loved to be there. Some of those installations were incredible, the woman walking, the elephant, the pink light bulbs… I think your Samsung 6 performed rather well! Certainly gave me a grand taste of the event!

18. merrildsmith says:

Wow–really stunning! I’m sure (aside from the crowds) it was wonderful to see this display of lights.

19. roweeee says:

It’s looks stunning, Geoff. I loved those dresses and the white one looked quite haunting, especially after talking about ghost stories in your subsequent post. I also loved the elephant but because Geoff’s mum collected elephants. I never really had the chance to get to know her so the elephants gained a special significance. We gave her a fluffy purple elephant pillow just before she died and it was with her at the end.
    We have a similar event in Sydney called Vivid. It can run into the Sydney Writer’s Festival. Like your event , the crowds can be a real turnoff.

Fabulous, wish I had made the effort!