Quotes and trees

christmas quote

Yes It’s Christmas – the year I too wanted to be the fairy on the tree

This covers two prompts, both by Colleen at Silver Threading: Writer’s Quote Wednesday and Christmas trees from around the world – this being Surrey circa 1967

And then there was the time I took the fairy on the tree to extremes…

05 BOX-006

Me, a tree – what’s not to like? Now where are the lights?

This entry was posted in challenge, memoires, quotes and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

43 Responses to Quotes and trees

1. Anabel Marsh says:

Dig the waistcoat, man!

2. You up the tree as the fairy – nice! But you should have been carrying a wand!

3. I always knew you’d look great on top of a tree. However, not as good as Angela does. She’ll be back on Sunday.

4. You need to have a bit more sparkle to make a decent fairy Geoff! πŸ™‚

5. Peace, man. Funny how all our clothes were shades of brown then!
    Forensic analysis has revealed a discarded 350 piece jigsaw on the floor, definitely a staple of Christmas past!

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

7. Mick Canning says:

Hah! We’re beginning to learn quite a bit about you, Geoff!

8. Geoff, this is just fabulous! Thanks so much for jumping in with your pictures of your tree when you were a child. LOVE it!!! ❀

9. Reblogged this on Silver Threading and commented:
    Geoff LePard shares some great photos from Christmas past and present of his trees! What fun! ❀

10. Um… the only way I know to make a fairy stay on the top of a tree is to… um, er, you know! For your sake, I hope you didn’t have to. πŸ˜€

11. Annecdotist says:

Sweet! So how will you follow that this year?

All you need now is tinsel!

13. Pingback: Christmas Musings – The Christmas Tree, When, why and why not? | The Curious Archaeologist

14. Winterbourne House and Garden says:

You should be grateful it wasn’t a Monkey puzzle tree https://diggingfordirt.wordpress.com/2015/12/01/the-christmas-tree-question/

15. Pingback: #Writer’s Quote Wednesday & #BeWoW – The Weekly Wrap-Up from 12/9/15 | Silver Threading

16. Ha, ha! Great pictures and I loved the quote too! πŸ˜€

17. Pingback: Christmas Trees Around the World – A Christmas Sharing Event | Silver Threading