There’s something fishy going on…. #bloggersbash

bloggers bash 2016

You remember back in July I warned about a subversive Blogging Group who were planning a strategic attack on our glorious freedom to remain unreal? The Bloggers Bash where bloggers actually met other bloggers and pretended to be sociable and capable of normal standards of human interactions?

Well I thought we’d seen them off. A couple of old raincoats stood under an umbrella for an hour trying to sell stupid T-shirts before slipping off for a shared peri-peri chicken and kale smoothie. They said it was well attended but I was there and no one else appeared. No one you’d want to talk to, anyway. No one who talked to me. And those photos they put up? Photo-shopped.

It had to end there, didn’t it? I mean such a failure and they were sure to give up.

Well, the word is going around that they’re thinking of having another go. They seem to have a source of funds that enables them to carry on; I suspect they sold their geoffles into slavery but, of course, there’s been a cover up. No one is speaking, which, given how indiscreet all bloggers are, is amazing.

Next year, or so I’ve heard say, on 11th June 2016, they will reconstitute the Bash in London. Well, we will fight on. It won’t be easy.

I had hoped to reactivate my BOOB (Back Off Our Blogs) but the necessary reconstruction and enhancement to give it sufficient WOBBLE (Will Only Be Bloggers ‘Llowed Entry) has undermined the support; and once we lost the B.R.A (the Blogging Rights Appeal) I had to let BOOB go.

Instead I have formed an umbrella organisation of grandiose and hubristic opportunists: The Rebels Against Such Horrors (T.R.A.S.H.).  Today, Halloween, TRASH is calling on every ghostie, ghoulie, greebie and all things  grimumbulous  – aka Those What Avoid Taking Sides – to be mobilised in defence of our right to be sociopathetic and antisocial. Together We TRASH TWATS will overcome.

If you care about keeping things unreal and ephemeral you will join us. Send £5 or a sheet of uncreased bubblewrap to tr@sh.co.uk for a badge and a monogrammed antiseptic handiwipe and the Bloggers Bash 2016 will join marmite ice cream and edible socks in the rubbish bin of history.

Save the date.

11th June 2016.

Somewhere in London. We need you all to eradicate these excressences.

This entry was posted in Annual Bloggers' Bash, miscellany and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to There’s something fishy going on…. #bloggersbash

1. Sue Vincent says:

It seems I shall be hiding in deepest, darkest Wales sadly….

2. Sacha Black says:

Reblogged this on Sacha Black and commented:
    I heard a rumour the BOOBs were back, but justice prevailed and the law threw them to the ground defeated just like a piece of TRASH.

I need spies. I’m recruiting for the bloggers bash. I need bloggers and writers and compassionate people to keep their eyes on the look out, to scour the Internet for whisperings and tittle tattle. I WON’T be beaten. I will fight back, WE will fight back, the bloggers bash 2016 IS happening and there’s NOTHING anyone can do about it.
    OOH RAAAAAR people roll on the 11th June 2016

3. What a shame the BOOBs fell flat! Maybe you will have more success with the TWATS!!! 🙂

4. Ali Isaac says:

Most excellent post Geoffle! Together we’ll Bash those Bloggers! 😂

5. I would join your army but I’m busy sorting out my edible sock drawer 🙂

Very very interesting………………………………………………….

Ha! Someone has taken over Geoff’s blog, Humour seems vaguely familiar though! 🙂

8. Reblogged this on graemecummingdotnet and commented:
    I’m not sure I understand a word of this, but it’s a date worth watching…

Maybe you need A.B.B.I. — American Blogger Bash Invasion (or it could be our close cousin, Australian Blogger Bash Invasion). Hold on to your BOOBs, the Yanks & Aussies might help you, yet!

10. I kind of get the impression the next bloggers bash is going to be a bit nutty! Only fruitcakes allowed entry?

11. Reblogged this on kyrosmagica and commented:
    I’m on a blogging break but I want to share some reblogs with you and this one caught my eye this morning. It’s bit hush hush, so keep it under wraps, best place for a fish supper. In case you fancy doing something fishy on 11th June 2016 there is a Bloggers Bash, yes I did say a #Bloggersbash to go to, more about this wonder of wiffing wonderment which is being held somewhere in London and can currently be found via Geofflepard.com.