Straining for Life’s Meaning

tom lehrer quote

Tom Lehrer was a genius; a scientist who was one of the wittiest and sharpest of satirical song writers of the 1960s. This quote comes from one of his best songs about nuclear Armageddon ‘We’ll all go together when we go’.

This post is part of Writer’s Quote Wednesday which you can find here.

This entry was posted in miscellany and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Straining for Life’s Meaning

Little Geoff looks adorable! An uplifting song — one the preppers of Idaho need to hear (preppers are those most enthusiastic among us who are prepared to “go”).

2. noelleg44 says:

All hale, Tom Lehrer! Who else could have given us the Elements song and “sliding down the razor blade of life”?

3. roweeee says:

Now, Geoff, wearing a brown hat and wondering why the girls ran away? Not sure how old you are in that shot but so many blokes wear odd hats. We have some family movies of my uncle, who grew up to be quite popular with the ladies, wearing this bucket hat everywhere. That now starting to remind me of my Dad and hats and if I’m correct, he had an orange terrytowling one back in the 70s. He currently wears a yellow sailing jacket EVERYWHERE. My mother loathes it. Miss, who has a way of seeing things says the other day: “Mama gets upset because Papa wears his raincoat to the shops”. Ha! xx Ro

I suppose I was 9 or so. And yes I do manage to embarrass with my clothing choices

• roweeee says:

My mother and all her friends at the golf club lament their husband’s fashion sense or lack thereof. There’s the absolute horror of horrors that someone should see their husband up at St Ives shops, which is a remote equivalent of the Paris catwalk for elderly golfers.

4. good stuff!! lol! – and that’s you?!!

Brilliants… I love this one of his …I don’t know why!!

6. rogershipp says:

I have never heard that quote before… I love it!

7. Sacha Black says:

great quote – made me giggle! also love that the quotes on a photo – AND that you chose yellow too – stands out really well 😀 ❤