1000 Voices #1000speak @1000speak

I know that Facebook has some idiosyncratic algorithms which means, sometimes, you might not see a post you would want to see.

Yvonne Spence has just posted a poll on FB asking everyone interested in 1000 Voices for Compassion to vote for their preferred structure for future posts. You can find it here. Below is the substance of Yvonne’s message

Hello everyone! We would like make 1000 Voices the very best it can be for all our members. Please take a few moments to read this poll and select your preferred option. Whichever option we choose, on one day each month everyone will share their post across Social Media using the Hashtag #1000Speak

1. Monthly link-ups on the 20th (48 hours to cover world-wide.)

2. Monthly link-ups, but for 3 days (72 hours)

3. Quarterly Compassion link-ups – on the 20th

4. Quarterly Compassion link-ups, for 3 days

5. No link-ups, just posting in the group and sharing.

If you are interested in 1000 Voices for Compassion, please share in your own way so we receive as many votes as possible.

This entry was posted in #1000speak and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to 1000 Voices #1000speak @1000speak

Reblogged this on Carrot Ranch Communications and commented:
    While I have not mentioned this lately, I’m still very interested in being a voice and want to remind others that might not be connected with #1000speak on Facebook to let other bloggers know that feedback is requested. Thanks Geoff, for posting this.

2. Sacha Black says:

I don’t even know what link ups are!

What they need to do is promote more the only way I know what the subject is each month is because of you!

• Yvonne says:

Thank you for this feedback Sacha. I’d love to learn how to promote more effectively and if you have suggestions please do either message me on Facebook or contact via Geoff.

• Sacha Black says:

Hi Yvonne, happy to help – the most important thing for me is to know what the topic is, but I never seem to be able to find where that is published, nor do I know when its published – so its hard to take part – if it wasn’t for me constantly pestering Geoff for the subject I would never know!

Happy to help promote though in anyway I can – how do you release the subject title at the moment? Is it in a blog? released through twitter? shared on Facebook? Do you use hashtags on twitter to help promote? Pinterest? Google+ tumblr. All these things would help. I love the 1000speak movement, I just find it difficult to find out what its on each month. 😦

• Yvonne says:

Sacha, thanks for your suggestions and interest in 1000 Voices!
        In answer to your questions:
        All the themes as far as January are on the blog in the sidebar. I’m sure Geoff won’t mind me linking to the blog, so here it is: http://1000voicesspeak.org
        We announce them in the Facebook group (in the daily pinned thread) shortly after each link-up as well as at the start of each month.
        We use the hashtag #1000Speak on Twitter. I don’t run that account, but I’m fairly sure that the person who does regularly tweets the month’s theme.
        The Google+ community has been quiet lately because the people who mainly deal with it have both had sick family members to care for. Actually, this has been the case for several of the admin group, so in general people have been less active recently.
        Pinterest is quieter and we haven’t got a Tumblr account, so that will be something we can look into. I personally know little about either site, so am again open to suggestions for how to best use them.
        September’s theme is love, and we are always glad to have posts on compassion regardless of whether they follow the theme or not.

don’t mind the link at all, Yvonne. Sacha has always been keen so anything that brings her closer inside the better!

• Yvonne says:

Sorry, that should say October’s theme is Love, not September!

3. Yvonne says:

Thanks for this Geoff! We’ve also got the poll up in the Google+ community and on the 1000 Voices Speak blog now too, just in case anyone isn’t in either the Facebook or Google+ groups. We want to hear from as many people as we can.

4. I love this (and wrote a few) but I’m not on Facebook so I could never actually post with everyone else and it seems all roads lead to Facebook. I know there’s an account on Twitter but I didn’t know it was on Google+. Have to check that out. Thanks for reposting this, Geoff.