#Read about Guest #Author Geoff Le Pard

The everso kind and everso simian Chris has allowed me a few inches of space on his blog. This is what I wrote. Thanks Chris; the bananas are on me!

Chris The Story Reading Ape's Blog

Geoff Le Pard 01The pigtails and Alice band caught my attention first. I’m not sure why but I thought them an odd conceit for someone well beyond primary school. She spotted me as I spotted her, both of us stamping our feet to keep out the cold of December in San Francisco. I was waiting for my family to emerge, beladen, from Macy’s; she was rattling a tin to raise money for a soup kitchen. She smiled, the perfect advert for American orthodontistry. I dug out five bucks and we chatted. She told me she was coming to England the following summer, to London. ‘If we bump in to each other,’ she said, ‘I’ll buy you a coffee and you can tell me the best sights.’

We never did meet again but, I pondered, what if we had? And what if such ‘chance’ meeting turned out to be anything but? That five minute…

View original post 662 more words

This entry was posted in miscellany. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to #Read about Guest #Author Geoff Le Pard

1. LOL Thanks and my pleasure Geoff 😀

2. Sacha Black says:

about sodding time Geoff!!

Thanks Sacha – always pointing out what needs pointing out!

• Sacha Black says:

Im cross with you for not shouting about the fact you are publishing next week – I mean seriously, WTF?

I’m still learning about the shouting piece, Sacha. Please don’t stop getting at me; I need a kick to be more effective.

• Sacha Black says:

I am literally outraged. Of all sodding people you should have told the committee! I’m hosting Anne tomorrow for goodness sake, I would WILLINGLY do the same for you. Tut. I’m hurt. HURT I tell you. Even if you can’t help your bloody self, the rest of us would. I hope you feel shamed. I shan’t pay you a single compliment until you rectify this catastrophic error of yours. Humph.

gosh…. what have I unleashed? I suppose because I’ve been posting about getting ready I assumed you knew it was coming but, yes, I could and should have mentioned the date. In fact, and you are the first to hear it, the Kindle version is available today for pre order, but I’ve chosen the 14th August as the date it is live to hopefully tie it into the POD version. So the date in my piece with Chris has changed over the last couple of days. This rather emphasises my incompetence, doesn’t it. Anne is an example to us all, after all.