Are you willing to be tempted? Today I’m the judge at Alissa Leonard’s Finish That Thought. It’s a flash challenge to write a story of up to 500 words using the first sentence.
“I’ll tell you what you need, and that’s a [rocket scientist].”
and this is the special challenge
Set your story in a war zone.
Here’s the link…
…and these are the short rules (full rules can be found on the site; the words in [ ] in the first sentence can be changed to suit your story)
1. Start with the given first sentence.
2. Up to 500 words
3. Keep it clean (nothing rated R or above)
4. Optional Special Challenge
5. Stories submitted must be your own work, using characters and worlds that you have created. Sorry, no fanfiction.
6. Include: Twitter/email, word count, Special Challenge accepted
7. The challenge is open for 24 hours on Tuesday EST
I’d love to see your stories there as it would give me a chance to get my teeth into your gorgeous prose. If you’ve not tried before give it a go. You know that while I may judge you I won’t be mean and it will be enjoyable. But hurry over because you have to post your story in the comments on Alissa’s blog by end of Tuesday. And don’t worry about impartiality.
Trust me, I’m a lawyer… sorry, that’s not it. The replies will be anonymised before I see them. See, clever, eh?
So hurry over. Hope you do.